Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Some nice GP's here! Here's mine. I got the Hogue's on Ebay. They shipped without the hardware and the good people at Hogue shipped parts to me free of charge. I sent 'em pics while I was at it as these grips are a little different than current offerings. They said these were from early 90's if I remember correctly and before CNC manufacturing began. Main difference on these is the high right side. They fit my large hands like they were made for me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Wow.........I was gonna post my bone stock 3" SS but after seeing these masterpieces it would probably never shoot straight again.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
My 6" - a family favorite. Hogue grip and a Hi-Viz front sight plus an action job turned this into a real sweet shooter.

·
Registered
517 Posts
After having to go back to Ruger for some fixin…...it's one of my favs. :thumbsup:

I thought maybe I just shot this thing really really well. Handed it off to my 14 yo son, same thing. Like throwing darts....just shoots soooooo good.

I've never bought two of the "same" gun before but I believe I have a 4" in my future.

Took the rail and red dot off. Back to stock, I like it better.

Bought a M-Carbo (I think that's it) shim and spring kit for it before I picked it up from the LGS. Don't see any reason to install it...on this one anyway. Runs good as is. AS IT SHOULD BE.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
BigG, I had a similar experience to yours. My GP went back to Ruger almost immediately after I bought it, but when it came back it was a finely tuned machine. Very smooth, and it's only gotten better with use. Not sure I'll keep the reflex sight on there long term, but it's helped me be a better DA revolver shooter, and it looks pretty dang cool. Space cowboy...

Attachments

21 - 40 of 55 Posts