Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a red dot sight be put on a GP100 without the need of adding that huge P rail to the top of the gun.

I was looking at one and thought maybe you could machine a piece of stainless to fit in where the adjustable rear sight is and then tap a couple of holes in that and mounting a red dot to it.

Does this sound feasible?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more of like a mini Reflex sight to replace the adjustable back sight only and leave the fixed front blade where it was at. I was not wanting a mini scope style...just something to acquire the target quicker.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Got ya. Haven't seen such a mount, though there are red dots out there that mount with only one crossbolt. Probably be a matter of having a gunsmith cut a groove in the frame if you really want to go that route.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if you look at how your adjustable rear sight is mounted, if you remove it, it looks like a nice little space for a cut piece of stainless that you could drill some screw holes into and mount the sight to that. No modification to the gun frame really at all. I was just wondering if that would be strong enough to hold the sight on after repeated shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts