Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a GP100 for a long time and recently, my favorite gun shop came up with one I had to have. According to the Ruger's site it's a Talo exclusive, blued, 2.5" barrel, front fiber optic sight. It's model number 1790.
It has a great feel and balance. I had to do some serious trading to be able to afford it.
Hopefully I can get it out soon and try it out

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
841 Posts
Looks awesome potmetal. Great bluing too. Like those snubbies. These sure look like the good ole quality build. Always regretted letting my S&W 19 get away during a trade. Am sure you will be happy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruger lists a 7 shot stainless version of this gun but, there's just something about that old deep blue finish.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I agree. I've come full circle on blued vs stainless. I jumped on the stainless bandwagon decades ago but I prefer blue/walnut these days and that applies to rifles, pistols and revolvers. I still appreciate stainless for hard use environments but a nice deep blue like that one looks way better IMO.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Ruger lists a 7 shot stainless version of this gun but, there's just something about that old deep blue finish.
Had the stainless version 7 shot ,had to trade it to get a 357 Henry Big Boy. I wish I kept that revolver and came up with the cash for that rifle.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,490 Posts
That is a fine revolver Potmetal. We will be waiting for a range report. Your photo doesn't do the Ruger justice. I would love to see it without shadows covering the gun.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've been wanting a GP100 for a long time and recently, my favorite gun shop came up with one I had to have. According to the Ruger's site it's a Talo exclusive, blued, 2.5" barrel, front fiber optic sight. It's model number 1790.
It has a great feel and balance. I had to do some serious trading to be able to afford it.
Hopefully I can get it out soon and try it out

View attachment 158821
That's a fine looking GP100 blued snub. I you want that blue to really shine you should try Renaissance Wax. Unlike polishes that contain abrasives it's a wax. It's used in museums and protects leather, paintings, wood metal and about anything without harming it. A little applied with your finger tip and buff. I use it on all my blued revolvers and believe it makes cleaning easier too. Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Nice looking acquisition. I do love those snubbie GP's. Recently acquired a 7 shot SS one. Back before they existed had my existing GP bobbed to 2.75" that is in the avatar. Also, have a 3" .44 SP one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Snubby.......
Often wondered at what barrel length folks consider a revolver a snubnose.
Personally, I don’t consider a 3 inch a snubnose.
Has to be under 2.5 inches for me to consider it a snubnose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There was a fair amount of these on GunBroker last week. I was super tempted, but, I looked at my bank account, and reality set in. Maybe next year. Beautiful gun OP!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts