Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
nice bunch there.
Wood grips on that old p-38? All i've ever seen were plastic.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Yes I made the stands from some scrap wood that I had in the garage. probably could have done better, but all I had was a compound mitre saw, a belt sander and some wood glue. I have a small gun safe, so with the long guns in there I had to either stack them on top of each other on a shelf in the safe, or find a way to stand them up in there. I did a search online for pistol stands, and saw something simular for $30.00 and thought, I can probably make that for a lot less.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
yeah, nice job with those stands.

I think I want/need a gun safe. I like my lever guns hanging on the wall, but I don't know what I'd do if someone ever broke in and stole my Dad's ol' 94. And a small one, for like a half dozen long guns and a shelf for pistols, they don't seem that expensive.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

yeah, nice job with those stands.

I think I want/need a gun safe. I like my lever guns hanging on the wall, but I don't know what I'd do if someone ever broke in and stole my Dad's ol' 94. And a small one, for like a half dozen long guns and a shelf for pistols, they don't seem that expensive.
Whatever size you think you need---go one size at least bigger. You can unintentionally run out of room very quickly:)
I've seen some small safes and you wouldn't believe how they are packed/stacked----as unintentional additions are aquired.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Whatever size you think you need---go one size at least bigger. You can unintentionally run out of room very quickly:)
I've seen some small safes and you wouldn't believe how they are packed/stacked----as unintentional additions are aquired.
You're right on that one! I bought a nice little half-height safe just for my handguns about a year ago. It is very full now.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Very nice collection of guns you have there sir. I like your stans a bunch to. Thanks for showing and good luck with them all.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice pistols, zebraranger. Good job on the stands too! How does that Taurus P99 work for you?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very funny Sam, LOL, did you mean the Walter P99? Its been good to me. I've put a couple thousand rounds thru her. Its a .40 S&W. made in 2001. The recoil is pretty strong because of the light frame, Really the only problem I have ever had with it was one day at the range, the rear sight detent spring popped off, and of course the sight would slide left and right. It was pretty funny, because it was a couple of mags later that I noticed that I was barely hitting the target, my hits were all over the place. Then I checked the rear sight and the thing moved about 1/4". I wasnt very happy, but I was glad to know it wasnt my shooting, I ordered a new one and they sent it to me at no charge. Since I have re-discovered the joy of revolvers, the P99 doesnt get as much use as it use to.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Heck, Rick. I wasn't trying to be funny, I don't know what I was thinking, really. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by calling your Walter a Taurus. I was just talkig to a friend about my Taurus PT1911 & I must have still had that on my mind. (old people do stuff like that. it's a state law, you know) Forgive me[?] :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Deputy125 & Rman hit the nail right on the head. I went with a safe that i thought would work for me, when I should have just spent a little bit more and went with the next size up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts