Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody heard any more on the blue version of the TALO Wiley Clapp? It's not listed on Ruger's website but is shown as "allocated" at Davidson's and Lipsey's shows it on their site but not available. Have they even been produced yet? Anybody seen one in the flesh? SHOT show maybe?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Haven't seen anything, waiting...
Looks like they will wait for the stainless model to sell out first.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks like they will wait for the stainless model to sell out first.
I can't believe they haven't sold out yet the way guns of all types are flying off the shelves.....:confused:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I can't believe they haven't sold out yet the way guns of all types are flying off the shelves.....:confused:
I thought they would be done too, my understanding is they were only making 2000. But, I still see a placeholder on the Davidson's Gallery of Guns site, so I think more will come. Seems they only put a few out to buy every couple of weeks and they are sold out long before I can get to their webpage to buy one.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BCS - I've discussed this and others with my LGS that's a Davidson's retailer and it seems these are "allocated" and rarely get put out on the open market (Gun Genie). SR1911 is another example. I ended up buying my Wiley Clapp off of Gunbroker last year. There are still a few listed for sale there right now. If you wait for the chance on Davidson's you may never get it.

I got to know a gun dealer out in Texas recently that seems to be able to get Rugers right now. He also collects Rugers so he has a real interest in our stuff. Send me a PM and I'll put you in touch. He may be able to help you if you really want to track one down.

Wave

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did my part to help sell out the ss WC's...horse traded for one today...anxious to see it!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did my part to help sell out the ss WC's...horse traded for one today...anxious to see it!
Thank you for your support! They're pretty slick and I'm sure you'll like yours.

I checked with the Ruger guy out west to see if he knew anything about the matte blue version (1753) and he said they had not been produced yet. Seems Ruger is pretty badly backed up. He pointed to an example of another TALO model that was due out last June and they just made it out two weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I've got a SS Wiley Clapp on layaway until after I get back from vacation (can't wait). There is another thread posted by another member just the other day with photos of his new Wiley Clapp Matte Blue finish. Beautiful!

I finally realized that this thread was started a while ago and this info may now be irrelavent but, the Blued Wiley Clapp GP100 is now listed on Lipsey's.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUHGP-331-NVK

·
Banned
586 Posts
Yes, the same thread. He's a lucky duck!

As for holsters for the Wiley Clapp .357s.

Some people say the stainless WC prone to scratching but the blued ones should hold up better.

I'd like to have a blued WC and one of these SHTF Hybrid IWB holsters for it.

Amazon.com: Ruger GP100 Hybrid IWB Holster, SHTF Gear ACE-1: Sports & Outdoors

Ruger GP100 ACE-1 Holster

"Order at our online store at SHTF Gear LLC and save $10.00 off of MSRP"

I'm really thinking one would be nice for my KLCR .357 as well.
The finish on the cylinder seems to be very tough.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah - they're hitting the streets now. Been some pretty crazy prices on a couple over at Gunbroker. Dealers who have got some of the first ones have been trying to get $800 to over $1000.....and apparently getting it. Not for me!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts