Ruger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
How difficult, or easy, was that to do? I may have to try that.
Not bad. Bought the medallions online and also bought a 1/2" forstner bit from Lowes. Think it was 1/2". Measure the diameter of the medallion then go from there. Drilled only deep enough for the medallion to be flush then glued.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not bad. Bought the medallions online and also bought a 1/2" forstner bit from Lowes. Think it was 1/2". Measure the diameter of the medallion then go from there. Drilled only deep enough for the medallion to be flush then glued.
Sounds simple enough. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lipsey's wood grips w/logo

I bought the Lipseys 5 inch GP100. The grips looked great but failed to hold tightly. There was vertical movement, progressively worse that destroyed any accuracy particularly with .357 rounds. They now sit in a drawer and I replaced them with the standard rubber/cocobolo inserts with checkering. Rock solid hold, shooting much better! The gun is great and different looking--they need to test those Lipseys grips better. Miss the Ruger logo of the old grips but they didn't work right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The ones in Post #10, I think, that had the $129 price may be the best choice. To gqucool, if you find something better please let me know, also. The rubber Hogues that came with my GP100 feel great, and don't look THAT bad on a stainless gun, but I'd like to be able to throw a set of pretty wood grips on it. Bottom line is what is easier to shoot with IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can order the same or similar grips to the wood one that came with my Match Champion from Shopruger.com. As I recall, they are in the neighborhood of $89.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts