1,142 Posts
Well, the web site let me put through the order!!!! :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
They also had 78 of the 5" too........

Got the 5 inch --- LOVE IT !!!!

anybody know for sure the price on the 3 inch 1708 ---

they look insanely LOW on gallery of guns ....
its says $779 list price
but my local guys shop has it for around $540
is this correct ????

some of the REAL low shops
- just north of greensboro NC ( the new davidsons distribution site)
have it for around $515 -- including everything ????????
check zip codes 27027

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Maybe Ruger is planning on making thise a regular catalog gun, and prices will just be in line with the standard 4" and 6" models..........which it should be , I don't see why a 3" should be a "limited edition" when 4" GP's are all over the place.........

·
Registered
793 Posts
There is a seller on gunbroker that has the 1708 with a buy now price of $509 plus $20 shipping and no credit card fee. Really tempting.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got the 5 inch --- LOVE IT !!!!

they look insanely LOW on gallery of guns ....
its says $779 list price
but my local guys shop has it for around $540
is this correct ????

some of the REAL low shops
- just north of greensboro NC ( the new davidsons distribution site)
have it for around $515 -- including everything ????????
check zip codes 27027
Two of my LGS have this deal listed at under 500.00 using the gallery search function. I think it's a great price. I picked up my 3" earlier this year for right about 550 out the door.

I had to have it ordered and it took 3 months of wait list to even get it in. I would have jumped on this deal if it was around at the time.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

some of the REAL low shops - just north of greensboro NC have it for around $515
My place a little east of there was $515 plus taxes and fees - $563 OTD. There was another right at $550 OTD but half an hour in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like I missed the boat. Dumb question, but are the 3 inch models hard to get? I have a 4 inch Stainless myself, and all I ever see are 4 and 6 inch models locally. After seeing all the sweet 3 inch Gps on the forum, I think I might need to look at getting one.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
My favorite online dealer has the 1708 at $500 plus $35 shipping. It tempts me but then I tell myself I already have 3 (4? 5?) 3" GP100s with adjustable sights in 357 Magnum so why do I need another one. But still the collector in me wants one just the same. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My favorite online dealer has the 1708 at $500 plus $35 shipping. It tempts me but then I tell myself I already have 3 (4? 5?) 3" GP100s with adjustable sights in 357 Magnum so why do I need another one. But still the collector in me wants one just the same. Sigh.
You know you want too.... :p:D
.... plus we all really enjoy seeing what you do to make yours unique. Keep the eye candy coming ;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Looks like I missed the boat. Dumb question, but are the 3 inch models hard to get?
The 3" fixed sight is very common but this the first time in years the adjustable has been offered. They could have another batch coming - or not - hard to know. I figured once they went down from 99 they would be gone quick. Now I'm glad I got my order in. It is sitting at my LGS right now but will be Saturday before I can get it. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 3" fixed sight is very common but this the first time in years the adjustable has been offered. They could have another batch coming - or not - hard to know. I figured once they went down from 99 they would be gone quick. Now I'm glad I got my order in. It is sitting at my LGS right now but will be Saturday before I can get it. :(
Thanks for clearing that up. That's why I love this forum. Even if it's common knowledge to some, people are always helpful here to those who don't know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts