Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,610 Posts
I wouldn't suggest buzzing down the gun itself (only as a last resort), but I'd take a piece of emery cloth and chuck up the insert in a drill and give it a spin holding the emery cloth to the pin. After thinning the one side, flip the pin and thin the other side. That should make the pin very easy to install and remove at your wish. I've never had a GP or SRH that I had problems getting the alignment pin in or out with just finger pressure. Smithy.

P.S. My choice for this type of frame is the all nylon, Hogue finger groove grips. They slide right on and are held with only one easy to thread screw and the grips do not catch on clothing or pockets.

· Registered
1,610 Posts
One more thing McD, If I didn't post this already. I'm not sure the "part" number I ordered, but the grips I got directly from Hogue (the solid nylon ones) were of a smaller profile than the original Hogue rubber grips that come with the gun. May not be much, but they were shorter in length and thinner. I've always liked one piece grips (except for the old Colt single action grips as they tended to be weak at the joining piece of the wood), but with the way Ruger has the "peg" grip frame: It just lends itself to a one piece grip to slide over the peg and lock into place. Smithy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.