Ruger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
That's exactly what I'm going to get for my GP100 6" stainless. I love it and can't wait to get the Weigand mount and get a scope on it for hunting.
A couple more upsides of the Weigand mount are:

They fit almost any Ruger with a adjustable rear sight.( I mounted the same one from my GP to a single six)

They leave no witness mark on the frame when you remove it & go back to the stock sight! A true win win

·
Registered
766 Posts
Great choice
I have both the police service six and 6 inch security six. I favor the 6 inch. Makes the.most out of either cartridge.
I even picked up and exra cylinder and had TK customs do a 9mm conversion. Now I shout 9mm , 38 and 357 out of that 6 inch barrel. Very accurate.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Luv my 6" GP100.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm loving seeing all these wooden grips on these GPs!

Do they fit the gun better than rubber grips, like Altamonts? I have an Altamont rubber grip with inserts, but I had to tape the hammer pivot pin underneath the grip because whenever I'd shoot it would start to shake itself loose. Do wood grips fit tight enough to prevent that? I'd love to get one for christmas or something.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
I'm loving seeing all these wooden grips on these GPs!

Do they fit the gun better than rubber grips, like Altamonts? I have an Altamont rubber grip with inserts, but I had to tape the hammer pivot pin underneath the grip because whenever I'd shoot it would start to shake itself loose. Do wood grips fit tight enough to prevent that? I'd love to get one for christmas or something.
I've got Hogue grips on mine. I never liked the feel of those rubber things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I regret not buying the six inch. Still, I love mine. Possibly my favorite handgun these days. My trigger is very smooth. I love it. Congrats on buying one

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recently bought the 6" in .327 Fed Mag, and it's a joy to shoot. Only had it out twice since I got it. Will need to tweek the sights when it warms up a little. Where can I find a seller on line to replace the rubber Hogues? Nice wood would be nice. Thanks, Jeff T.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts