Ruger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
8,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some molle pouches to mount on the scabbard for my Rossi 44mag carbine. I am very happy with the the tidy little package it makes. At just 34" long the entire gun is covered with only the toe of the stock protruding for the retaining strap to hold. I keep two ammo wallets totalling 30 rounds in one pouch. The other has a knife, light, ear plugs, lighter, lube, and patches/swabs. I think it's perfect to toss in the truck for a cruise through the family timberland.
Bag Wood Font Eyewear Handgun holster

Brown Rectangle Beige Material property Bag

Brown Textile Beige Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
A grab-and-go setup is smart. I configured a grab and go package for my AR, with four loaded mags in pouches on a web vest, along with a holster for my G30SF and a couple of spare mags for it. There's also an IFAK on it.

When Tampa put out a cellphone emergency alert about an immediate curfew because the first BLM protest was getting out of control at the city hall, I was able to get everything together that I might need if things were to have spread to our immediate area.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I ordered some molle pouches to mount on the scabbard for my Rossi 44mag carbine. I am very happy with the the tidy little package it makes. At just 34" long the entire gun is covered with only the toe of the stock protruding for the retaining strap to hold. I keep two ammo wallets totalling 30 rounds in one pouch. The other has a knife, light, ear plugs, lighter, lube, and patches/swabs. I think it's perfect to toss in the truck for a cruise through the family timberland. View attachment 176591
View attachment 176593
View attachment 176592
One more thing, at least I use it. A first aid molle pack. Couple odds and ends help a lot. I remember cutting my hand on a pheasant shoot once when I had first got a new 500 turkey thug. Blood
Makes things so slick. A quick bandaid saved the day!

·
Corps Commander NGV
8,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A grab-and-go setup is smart. I configured a grab and go package for my AR, with four loaded mags in pouches on a web vest, along with a holster for my G30SF and a couple of spare mags for it. There's also an IFAK on it.

When Tampa put out a cellphone emergency alert about an immediate curfew because the first BLM protest was getting out of control at the city hall, I was able to get everything together that I might need if things were to have spread to our immediate area.
Thankfully I live in a more rural area now. I lived in Tampa from 1983 until 2000. My focus more on 4 legged vermin.

·
Corps Commander NGV
8,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more thing, at least I use it. A first aid molle pack. Couple odds and ends help a lot. I remember cutting my hand on a pheasant shoot once when I had first got a new 500 turkey thug. Blood
Makes things so slick. A quick bandaid saved the day!
Oh yes, I never go anywhere without first aid supplies. I have a small kit in my satchel that's always with me. My truck carries a large kit under the back seat. I have patched up myself and others too many times to count.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks. I am enjoying it. I have wanted a pistol caliber lever gun for decades. I realized that I am aging quickly and I had better get one while I could give it good use.
I have a Winchester 94, 30-30. I love it. But can only handle about a dozen rounds through it in a sitting. A .44 would have been a much better option.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like it! Almost any carbine would be a great candidate for that setup. A Ruger PC carbine, Mini 30, etc.

Regarding IFAKs, I learned something from an LEO friend. They never go anywhere without one or two field tourniquets, several Israeli bandages, and quick clot. Blood loss is the #1 killer in accidents.

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
1,561 Posts
Nice setup, Clean, neat and compact, I really like it.

Reactions: ngashooter

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Thanks. I am enjoying it. I have wanted a pistol caliber lever gun for decades. I realized that I am aging quickly and I had better get one while I could give it good use.
I bought my 1894 'centennial' trapper in .45 Colt with no particular 'need' to fulfill (unusual for me). Thus far (28 years) it has been (a) lots of fun, (b) was used for a while shooting Cowboy, pistol caliber silhouette (maybe not the best choice for that but ... I already had it) and perhaps more importantly (c) it has served for a number of kids to shoot as a first centerfire rifle as it it pretty light and trim and has minimal recoil. It seems to be a great choice for transitioning from a .22 rimfire to something that makes a big hole and the kids love it!

I think that it needs one of those cases, just have to decide which is the best fit, the Shockwave might need one as well!

Bruce

1 - 18 of 18 Posts