Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to my daughter and son in laws house to take the 3 boys out back shooting .22
The 2 older ones 15 and 13 have there own custom made by Grandpa Ruger 10/22's.The youngest 11,will get his on his birthday in August.Good thing I only have 3 grandsons at $600.00 a pop !!
Anyway I brought along a 1972 10/22 for the youngest and a SR22 also.
Boy those guys can sure burn thru the ammo but we had a great time breaking clay pigeons out to 100 yards.
All three have been shooting airguns with me for years so they are all good shots.Time well spent I think and their mother needed a break,they have been out of school for ever !!!!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,810 Posts
Good times. Enjoy them while you can. My son just graduated from High School and he spent a lot of time with his Grampie shooting a 10/22 and a Mark III when he was younger. Kids grow up and Grampie is gone now but the memories will last a lifetime.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,554 Posts
What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Your grandsons will cherish the memories you made forever. When you are done with the youngest one's 10/22 be sure to tell us about it. Have you done each of them differently, or are they built up the same way?

·
Registered
324 Posts
"Boy those guys can sure burn thru the ammo but we had a great time"

I can only imagine the smiles on their faces.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Your grandsons will cherish the memories you made forever. When you are done with the youngest one's 10/22 be sure to tell us about it. Have you done each of them differently, or are they built up the same way?
They are all different,The oldest is thumb hole stock (red,white and blue) fluted bull barrel, trigger job 2X10 mildot AO scope and will shoot a solid moa every day of the week.
The second is green and black laminate , trigger job,and because the middle boy is vary small it has a carbon fiber barrel so the gun is much lighter ,also the same Tasco scope. It will also moa anyday.
The third grandson Red and black laminate bull barrel,trigger job and he is a lot bigger than his older brouther,so his gun is heavier.Also the same Tasco scope. Also a moa gun .
After they all 3 have the guns I will post a picture of them .
I am very pleased with the boys we spend a lot of time together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts