Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no plans to put the kmk10 on the chopping block, but i was wondering: If you cut a kmk10 down to an 8" barrel, can you still use the same front sight, or will the front sight be too tall for an 8" barrel and cause you to shoot low? The 10" barrel is tapered after all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I doubt that the amount of taper you will lose will be significant. You should be able to take it up in your rear sight adjustment. If not, just file it down a little and touch blue it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well there is only .053 difference in the sight hight between a standard bull barrel and a KMK10 barrel if that helps

PS i sure wish youd get those cutting that 10" barrel thoughts outta your head! dont let those evil demons enter your thoughts ! lol,,, this is the second time you have posted something about shortining a KMK10 and it gave me the willies both times :0 ,, like i said if you want a shorter barrel i have a KMK512 i will trade you with some money to boot.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have read both posts about cadfael giving the "willies" to EMTI99 and about fell out of my chair again. I have to side with EMT, don't cut it down. Buy the length you want and keep the KMK-10 original. I will say 3 Hail Marys for the KMK-10.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now worries, the mkII will stay a "Big Ten Inch". Just wondering because I'm looking at getting a new front sight for it, like a hi-viz or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts