Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's I had bought a Diamondback DB9 a few weeks ago really not knowing much about them. I knew they were small and would carry good. But after reading up was very disappointed in the gun and company. Mine fired 1 mag through it accurate and with no problems but this is a gun that can't be trusted.
I too it to my LGS (the one that I bought it from) and found a Pristine Ruger P94. It did not have a scratch on it. The LGS just traded me even for the DB9 for the P94. I have had a couple P90DC and they were the best accurate 45 that I have ever shot. So I saw this P94 and just had to have it.
Took it home and broke it down. The grip frame where the slide rides did not even have any wear marks on it. This gun did come in a case but it appears the owner removed the stickers on it (probably not the original case) also came with the owners manual.
Very happy with it. Beats that DB9 by Farr. I will not get to shoot it for a couple weeks, very busy this coming weekend and raining this weekend.
It only came with 1 magazine and this magazine will only hold 10 rounds. Must be from another state or something. Now I have to look and buy a 15 round magazine for it if they made them. This magazine is metal with a plastic bottom that is approx. 1"long and fills half the magazine up. Too bad but I will replace it.
Any way here are some of the pictures, hard to find these old guns in this condition. :)

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Thank you for supporting your local gun store!

Great find, they are sharp looking.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!! A very lovely P series.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
I don't know any thing about the Diamondback but everybody knows how great the P series guns are. Great trade! Well done!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes jonesy,
I totally agree. I have heard about them in the past but not much. I thought what the heck and bought it. Turned out best anyway. The LGS traded me even for the P94 that he had $300 on it. When I looked at it he said he would take $280 for it and ended up just trading me even, so it was just the long way around to getting this gun. I have not had a P series for several years and I could shoot a ragged one hole group with my P90 in 45. Then I got stupid and thought I needed something else so I am glad to get this one.
Thanks for all the comments fella's much appreciated

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Nice looking Ruger. Glad things worked out so well for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts