Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This place I thought was a private club, less than twenty minutes from my house, is open to the public Saturday and Sunday from 10-3. Not only is it convenient, it's cheap too. $2 per shooter, plus $1 per target. They have lots of bays or whatever they're called, pistol 10 and 25 yards, rifle 50 and 100.

Rifle distance is too long for me, and is bench only. I like to take my lever gun and stand up and shoot 25 yards. But I will definitely use this pistol range again. Every bay has a scope too.

The only downside is small, there is a long time between cease fires, so if you want to take your target with you, you have to time it right or you might have to wait a while. Since I didn't take today's targets and can't take a picture for you, I will describe my performance: I was awesome.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jimbo I think you might find the less documentation supporting my performance, the more awesome it is. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey can I help it if my memory is faulty??

I did do pretty good though I think. Maybe it felt that way because, due to the way it was all set up, I ended up shooting at one target for longer than I normally would have. So while I do have my fair share of strays, I think generally my groups are getting smaller. Slowly, yeah, but measurably smaller.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Practice, practice, practice, EddieF! ;) I like to go to my Gun Club early in the morning. Usually there isn't anyone around & I have the place to myself. [8D]

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks. You made me laugh. I, also, am always AWESOME when nobody else is around to witness. :) Otherwise I am fairly decent and striving to improve. Keep up the practice Eddie.

·
Registered
576 Posts
"I did do pretty good...I think"...You guys crack me up! Awesome IS good, EddieF. I am glad you were awesome! We believe you EddieF and and we believe IN you. We are rootin' for you too! I enjoy seeing your targets. Keep 'em coming. Shoot straight and speak the truth. Somebody said something like that; I read it somewhere. Enjoy your GP!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Eddie,
Glad you have a nice place to shoot and of course your awesome.
Now that you have found that range your going to be come a much better shooter. @ bucks to shot and a buck a target, wow thought those days was gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts