Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of Texans carrying in their cars and having to trump up a "going to the range" or "travelling" excuse...NO MORE!!! On the way to our Honorable Governor Rick Perry for his signature is a law that clears up the "misunderstanding" by certain a..hole district attorneys who've been still prosecuting law-abiding citizens who had a handgun in their car...even after the "travelling" defense was legislated last year to be a presumed condition...with the burden on the state to prove that the citizen was not travelling...this law makes it clear enough that even an idiot(;)) can't "misunderstand" it--and Mama can carry in the car on the way to the grocery or the soccer field or wherever---without being hassled...will probably kick in Sept 1...no permit necessary....this tips the odds in favor of the good guys...bad guys beware!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sheepdog, Congratulations to the Great State of Texas! Chalk up one more for the good guys!

-Hammer

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Sheepdog, I got some more good news---Tennessee's Governor according to a NRA bulitin i got today, just signed into law a Castle doctrine law in Tenn. I have got to research further what
all it will provide for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice to hear some good gun news for a change. We're still dealing with His Highness, Mayor Bloomberg. He thinks his jurisdiction extends to Va. gun dealers. Anyway, congratulations!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaredshs...great to hear that now what you would have done anyways is now legal!!;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
sheepdog, I know it will pass. I have never understood why mess with a person that is living within the laws. Glad the mess will be cleared up about time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup...when I was a sprout at Woodlawn High, they had a game where they'd go to the favorite parking areas and grab the boy off the girl and scare 'em real bad...then let them go...I said several times loudly that if that ever happened to me, I'd either get 'em with my .38 or my 12 double sawed off---about 3 weeks later, a kid I didn't even know asked me in the hall if I had 2 guns when I went on a date...I said "How bad do you want to know?" Next question "What's your car?" I said "Several"....game over....no more reports of such foolishness...La. has always been gun friendly...this new rumble they're discussing Wed. sounds more like Maryland than La.......

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
When i was in school, about half the pickups there had either a .22 rifle or a single shot shotgun in window racks in the school parking lot.
Today---no one displays guns in window racks anymore. But you can sure tell during hunting season which kids are going dove hunting after school as they park their trucks off-campus.

·
Registered
37 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

When i was in school, about half the pickups there had either a .22 rifle or a single shot shotgun in window racks in the school parking lot.
I hear you on that one Deputy. Things have changed. We could bring our rifles to metal shop and clean them. Having a gun in your vehicle at high school just meant you were a hunter.

Fights were settled with fists, never guns.

Skunk

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm too young to have witnessed the "good old days" but I sure wish we could go back. My wife's grandpa likes to tell us stories about how he and his friends carried rifles and shot rabbits on the way to school. They would lean their rifles on the wall next to the coat hooks and give the rabbits to the teacher who would make stew for the kids during recess. This was in Minnesota, mid to late 40's.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a bit far back for me, but it sounds like Heaven...
Bill's still not signed but a sure thing...takes effect 1 Sept 2007...

·
Registered
42 Posts
My wife will like this new law, even though she will have her CHL by then. It is unfortunate that the law for keeping your gun locked in your vehicle while at work (if your job does not believe you have the right to protect yourself while at work) will have to wait another year. Cowards!

·
Registered
868 Posts
quote:Originally posted by threeg45

My wife will like this new law, even though she will have her CHL by then. It is unfortunate that the law for keeping your gun locked in your vehicle while at work (if your job does not believe you have the right to protect yourself while at work) will have to wait another year. Cowards!
That will have to wait another 2 years. They only meet every 2 years.

Unfortunately, the bill, as it was written, reqired you to still tell your boss that you had it in the car. Then, supposedly U could not be fired for it. But, then they could fire U for something else later.

IT wasn't like U could just keep it in the car and say nothing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why not-that's worked for years...loose lips sink ships and long as you didn't need it-who knew? Now, noone can pull up our CCW in Tx., so it'll go on as it always has...with discretion...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.