Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to go the range today after dropping my van off for service. The Shooter's World is right across the street from the dealership which made it a mandatory trip.

I asked if I could borrow one of their powered wheelchairs to get to the range, I hadn't brought my walker and it was a bit too far to walk. The accommodation me with one of their scooters and off I went.

Everyone was nice, when I got to the range a young woman asked if she could help me and set me up with a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 that had been well used. Trigger pull was surprising, knowing that they don't do gunsmithing on the rental guns. Just smoothed itself out after thousands of rounds of use.

I set up the target at 10 yards and kept almost all my shots in the black. That's pretty good for me these days. The gun fired 100 % reliability and shot to were the sights were for POA.

This Shooter's World is just a little farther than the one near my house but sure is nice. They have automatic targets. You just push a button and they go out to 3, 7, 10 and 15 yards on the pistol side and 25 yards on the rifle range.

It's now only 20 minutes from my house and all freeway so if I can't get a reservation at my normal spot I'll just go there.

· Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Getting to the range is good any day of the week. Glad you had the chance to get some time in. Sometimes we take for granted how blessed we are. You have always been a positive read for me regarding my rimfire journey. I do not complain much anymore about the hassles of getting in and out of the range. Did you miss your customized Marks?
*My Ruger Mark III 22/45 has so many rounds down range that the trigger has really smoothed out. Amazing how safe usage and good maintenance keep these Marks working.

· Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting to the range is good any day of the week. Glad you had the chance to get some time in. Sometimes we take for granted how blessed we are. You have always been a positive read for me regarding my rimfire journey. I do not complain much anymore about the hassles of getting in and out of the range. Did you miss your customized Marks?
*My Ruger Mark III 22/45 has so many rounds down range that the trigger has really smoothed out. Amazing how safe usage and good maintenance keep these Marks working.
Thank you for your kind words.
Steven

1 - 5 of 5 Posts