Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forums, was invited to say hello...

So here I am. I am Jason and my wife and I live in York, Pennsylvania, and I work in Lancaster.

We own a Ruger .22 MKIII Hunter and just picked up a used Ruger GP100 .357 which I have to try out. (Thanks to Pennsylvania closing almost all the public state ranges for a month or so for lead remediation.)

So hopefully we'll find an alternative place to try out the GP100 before winter sets in.

:)

- Saj

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
theSaj,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where in Connecticut are you from?

I just left the capital of taxes last year when I got married and moved down to PA. (Use to live in New Haven.)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
East Hartford, yeah the taxes are mighty rough, I was just looking at a bill this morning and thinking about relocation possiblities.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mars sounds good to me. No taxes. No beauracracy. Mt. Olympus offers days worth of down hill skiing.

Albeit, not much grass and no beaches. But for not having to deal with freaky obtuse governments - it might be nice. ;)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Connecticut's bureaucracy has gotten bigger and more intrusive in the almost thirty years I have been here. I moved here from NY to live and raise my family with less gov't involvement. It now is beginning to seem just like NY.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Was just in New Hampshire a couple of weeks ago and heading back in two weeks and will take another look around. The hunting and gun laws so far seem more like how I remember upstate NY to be 40 years ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alaska...the land of the free. There motto should "Even if we pass laws, who cares. As long as your way out there...we're not going to freeze our balls off just to harass you."

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Yeah, I have looked at Alaska, but from my research, most that make the trip don't stay. I could never get my wife to go for it, she's a real city girl. I have a lot of cousins that have moved from NYC to York and love it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apparently a cousin of mine is up there. Haven't seen or talked with her in probably 20 yrs. But, yeah, I could never get my wife to accept the cold.

(Sadly, the goverment only philosophy of NASA pretty much delayed commercial spaceflight for the past 30 yrs. So no interplanetary colonization a.k.a. Heinlein.)

Sorry...don't mind me, I'm just venting. I mean it just seems like we're headed to more and more control. Worse...there is no where I can really think of to go to escape it. (I mean, soon, the badlands of Africa will be the land of the free. )

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Vent away, for more venting opportunities visit the Minefield here, a free fire zone with no moderation, one can vent to their hearts content, glad you are here.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hey we got the same deal down here in La. as in Alaska--- as long as we in the swamp they ain't gonna bother us neither. But don't get caught walkin in New Orleans--- the Choclate City Mayor may take your gun away, even if you don't live there and have a CCW permit!(at least that's the rumor.)

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Welcome from Kansas. (We have more than our share of taxes here!):(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FYI, Connecticut is one of only 3-4 states that pays more than it receives to the Federal Government. There are only a few places over-taxed more than Connecticut. Southern California and NYC area being two of them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.