Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the bluegrass state. I'm a longtime fan of both Ruger and Taurus products, and for a Ruger fan, this looks like the place to be.
Looks like you have a great board and a lot of friendly people. Will be good to chat with you guys and discuss our interest in firearms in general and Rugers in particular. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Well, from one Ky boy to another, welcome!!! What part of the State you from? I am from central KY, live in Green Co., work in Taylor.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us, most of us have other guns as well. I can remember a time I said I would never own Taurus well have 2 one in a ultra-lite 45 long colt and one in stainless 605 357 mag. And I have a 1911 on lay away. Like a new gun, I know who owned it he only shot it 9 times.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'm glad to be here among other Ruger enthusiasts.

gunman42782, I'm from Louisville and work in the city, though live on the outskirts of the city limits south, towards Fort Knox. I bleed blue though, no Cardinal fan here.

Snuffy, yep, Taurus has really made great strides over the past few years and I consider their products and Rugers as the two best values going now. Unfortunately, they seem to be the two companies that get the greatest flak too from the snobs. That sounds great on the PT1911, and while I don't own one, from what I've heard from owners is wholly positive.

I'd like to extend an invitation to you both (and anyone else who would like to visit) to come to the Taurus board. I know we have many members there who are also big Ruger fans as well. Thanks again for the welcomes, you guys have a very friendly board from what I see.

www.taurusarmed.net

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I was born and raised in Louisville, but moved to the country as soon as I graduated high school. I just aint no city slicker, my heart has always been in the country! And I like UK as well!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Welcome aboard, I have been thru your part of the country, but many years ago while I was driving long hauls.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gunman42782, amen to that! What part of Louisville are you from? I'm from Valley Station but work in Hurstbourne. Great area but it's a bit of a drive. Wouldn't be so bad if gas prices were a lot less but I'm not banking on that happening.

JB & RNettles, thank you both for the hospitable welcome! It's good to be here on the board with everyone and to discuss our interest in Rugers.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from west-central Texas! We been having discussions about that Taurus Judge!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Taurus_9mm

gunman42782, amen to that! What part of Louisville are you from? I'm from Valley Station but work in Hurstbourne. Great area but it's a bit of a drive. Wouldn't be so bad if gas prices were a lot less but I'm not banking on that happening.
I was raised off of Indian Trail. Went to school at Indian Trail, Bruce middle, and Southern High.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the forum; if your a bottom feeder fan, I guess ya can't be all bad..... :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Appreciate the link!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you TnTut, the Mil Pros are fantastic little pistols. I've
been thinking of a PT-111 or a PT-145 at some point, but other guns have nudged those down the list of 'must have' buys. Have you had yours for long?

deputy125, you're very welcome. I appreciate the friendliness on this board and on the Taurus forum too. I wish there were more like them on the 'net.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts