Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just joined this forum and would like to introduce myself. I'm a 63 yr. old, retired manufacturing manager. Use to do a lot of shooting and hunting. Long range varmint hunting was my passion. Always loved revolver & pistol shooting as well. Back in the '60's, when I was in the Navy, I was a member of the Great Lakes Naval Pistol Team for a time (.22 & .45 autos). Great experience! Drifted more into the fishing sports as of late, but now, my son has re-kindled my desire to do more shooting. I'll be honest with you all, I presently only shoot a vintage (1971) S&W K-22 4" bbl Combat Masterpiece on a regular basis. This piece has custom Herrett's Jordan gunfighter stocks in beatiful black walnut; case hardeded target trigger & hammer; and was "accurized" by a custom gunsmith in CA - way back when! Nice shooting piece. I am now planning on buying a new Ruger SP101 in .357 in a couple of weeks; hence my interest in learning more about the Ruger and it's heritage. Looking forward to reading a lot here and learning, as well as getting to know some of you folks on this forum. Thanks for having me :).

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well, let me be the first to welcome you. Must be cold where you are! Enjoy the group, check around the site, lots of cool stuff.
Dan'o From da west coast.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome...

from W. WA.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
53 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy th Sp101.