Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a lurker here for some time and have gleaned all kinds of useful and quite helpful information here. Thanks to you all. I am retired Coast Guard and a current Deparment of Homeland Security consultant and have lots of experience with the 870 shot gun and Barretta 9mm, however I am a newbie when it comes to the Ruger world. Recenent causes and conditons (ie; new baby, recent breaks ins around my home) have triggerd my purchase of a Mossberg 500 for the house and with my forth coming permit I look to the venerable SP101 stainless for my person. See heres the thing, I have no experience with a revolver and have never shot one. Though, I understand profiency and practice are key, I am in somewhat uncharted waters with it and request input and suggestiongs with barrel lengths or anyother useful information. From all accounts, its durable, reliable, compact, powerful and I feel it will grow with me well.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome! lots of info and knowledgable folks in the concealed carry and revolver sections that can help you with the sp101.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome, from just north of Gainesville. Your choice of SP101 is an excellant choice. I have the hammerless with a 2 1/4" barrel. Have had it for 10-15 years. Would not trade it for anything. When I carried, it carried well, and is a real close quarters shooter. I personnally love 1911 pistols, but the SP was the one that went everywhere with me. Join in the fun.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.