Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Northwest Missouri resident. Hunter Safety instructor for 19 years. I am very thankful to Ruger Co. for their support of hunter safety. I am also a shotgun shooting and rifle shooting merit badge counselor for Boy Scouts. Ruger has a great gun program thru IHEA. I proudly own an SR9C thru this program (already owned a GP100 6"). One last story. When I was 14, I went door to door selling magazines for our FFA fundraiser. I sold 1/4 of the subscriptions (Reader's Digest was $1.97/yr) . I raised enough points and bought some points to purchase a .22 rifle as my prize. The last week of school the Principal asked me into his office. The old man that owned the local hardware store was there with a form. The principal told me to sign the form, then he gave me a box, telling me it was my rifle. "Put it in your locker, take it home on the bus, and don't get it out until you get it home." He said. What happened to this country in the last 40 years?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Welcome from St. Louis. Glad to have you with us.

I like your FFA fundraiser story. My, oh my...how times have changed. When I was growing up in Alabama, it was pretty commonplace for guys to come to school with their rifles and shotguns on gun racks in their pickups.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About 15 years ago during 4th of July we were at my Mom's farm target shooting when my niece from Kansas City came in with a friend from New Zealand. The girl from NZ was 25 years old and told us that the one thing she really,REALLY wanted to do while she was in The States was to shoot a handgun. At that time I only had 2 .22 pistols. We let her shoot for an hour and a half, even letting her try an SKS and a black powder Hawkin.It's a shame how restrictive a Governemnt can become.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey....Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Welcome from the St Charles area.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
What indeed has happened to our country? Welcome from South Alabama.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hello from Poplar Bluff, the Cultural Capital of the Bootheel.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome from another ShowMe State Rep!

Oldrepo, In 1976, I was a sophomore in high school here in the Kansas City area. The school district set aside 1 week in the spring for all students to get involved in non-traditional school activities. I signed up for the target shooting. The teacher was an NRA instructor and planned to have loaner rifles for us but that deal fell through. So, each student in the class had to bring their own .22LR rifle to the class. I don't think we could ride the bus but our parents dropped myself and another friend off at school and we walked through the school with our cased rifles to the gun range in the basement. These days, if you walked to the school with a funny looking umbrella, they call the cops!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome from mid-coast Maine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.