Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ruger Forum. I'm not one for joining things like this but I have been reading a lot of the threads lately and decided to jump on board. There is a lot of useful information here and I want to thank everyone for sharing. I've had two small pistols for the past 14 years (Single Six and MK II). I use them for plinking. Recently I was the victim of a home invasion. Thankfully no one was hurt and the intruder was caught. I decided it was time to have a home defense/personal protection firearm. After much research, I decided to go with the SR9. I picked it up a week ago and put 50 rounds through it over the weekend. All I can say is this is one happy woman. The SR9 was a joy to shoot. I'm thinking of purchasing the SR9c in the near future as an every day carry. I look forward to learning more on this forum and just wanted to say hello to my new firearm friends.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome from S. OK. Enjoy. It's a great place to hang out.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome from South Louisiana!

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Greetings from NZ...you will love your SR9 .
KIWI.

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,351 Posts
STWRT ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard (and that you and your family are OK)!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Welcome from San Diego

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum - from "The Mountain State" of West Virginia

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...By way of Batavia,N.Y.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Georgia!

Congrats on your new Ruger SR9! ;)

This is a great place for sharin' ideas & information, learnin' new stuff and hanging out with some very fine folks.

Glad you could join us, ENJOY!

·
Banned
4,289 Posts
Allow me to add my welcome and congratulations on your new SR9. You choose well, both in terms of joining a great forum and a great pistol. :)

You actually experienced a home invasion?!!! Must have been a scary situation. If you ever feel like discussing it I'm sure many here would be interested in listening and maybe learning something from your experience.

Three positive things appear to have resulted from a bad situation: No one was injured, they apprehended the individual and you made a decision to enhance your home defense. Let us know when you acquire your new pistol's sibling, the SR9c. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.