Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got around to taking some outdoor pics of my 189 series Mini-30. It has a new Ruger synthetic stock, front sight and flash hider, a Tech rear sight, a smaller (.062") gas bushing, Wilson 1911 buffers, trigger job, and an Ultimak rail with Burris FF III in a Picatinny protector mount. The stock has been Cerakoted with Sniper Grey and all the stainless parts have Tungsten Cerakote on them. I think I'll call it the "Grey Ghost".
The finish is a bit darker than it shows in the outdoor pics, it reminds me of the Ruger Target Grey stainless finish. The indoor tabletop pics are more true to the actual color of the grey.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Looking good there Sandog! Still can't find that three post front sight for a Mini 30 on the web, only for the mini 14 for 181 to 197 models. Looks great though.

·
Banned
513 Posts
oh my, that is really nice sandog, But I'm a little more interested in the log structure your rifle is holding up. :D

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have always done my own spraying, but had to take my parts to a guy for sand blasting. Last month I bought my own blast cabinet ( and a larger air compressor to keep up) from Harbor Freight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts