Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the boot grip or a custom wood grip for my LCR .38 ... any recommendations. The reason is for easier carry.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I find the original Houge Tamer the best for me. I dont carry my KLCR anymore, but when I did, the original was my favorite. I also have the Boot Grip Tamer as well as the Crimson Trace. The Boot Grip Tamer was hard to control, maybe with lighter loads I would have stayed with it. Of course the Crimson Trace offers a real benefit, but none soaked up the recoil better than the original Tamer. I pocket carry and never had any problem with the original grips rubber sticking to anything if that is your concern.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I'm using the boot grip on both my 357 and 22 LCRs. I only use .38s in the 357, and it's not uncomfortable at all. I can imagine the boot grip could be a little difficult with .357 rounds. It would depend on your hand size and grip strength.

The LCR is a carry gun for me, and the original Tamer is just too big and "sticky" for pocket carry.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I liked both the Original Tamer Grip and the Boot Grip on my Ruger KLCR, and found them ok with .38spl and +P, but the Original handled the .357mag loads much better IMO. Just ordered a set of Eagle Grips, the FBI Rosewood, absolutely beautiful on their site, and can't wait to get mine. Found a couple of posters on other sites that said the Eagle Grips worked really well with any load. I guess we'll see soon. If i remember, I will be back to let y'all know. Take care.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got what i think they call the boot grip on mine, its the one without the finger grooves. I've never felt like i didnt like it, or that i didnt have enough control with it, but i would like to try one of the grips with the finger grooves. The only wood grips i've seen for the lcr are made by Eagle grips i think. I think you'd probably suffer a little more without any cushion on the grips for an lcr, even with 38's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts