Ruger Forum banner

Grip frame... where oh where??

1815 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  rugerguy
I have a factory satin stainless steel grip frame I picked up awhile back with the idea of putting it on my blued .32 mag Single-Six.

But I'd like to get it bead blasted or something to give it a softer look.

Anyone know where I can send this off to for such a service?? Also, how much, approximately, would this cost?

Thanks! :)
1 - 2 of 12 Posts
Ruger Packer, go get your self one of those 3M scotchbrite pads or such , in the red color, and just wipe off the frame all over, turn it over and over and just keep wiping, and in no time at all, the gloss will turn satin...........
If it goes "too slow" for you, buy an assortment, green, white (for stainless) and try them out. I always use the red as it's the one laying around the work bench!! I don't cut them up, I use the whole pad like a 'rag'...........
I also keep some 'bronze wool' pads around too. Hardware stores like 'Ace' have that in stock. You can always tear off a piece(???) and wrap it around your bore brushes too...............
1 - 2 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.