Ruger Forum banner

Grip frame... where oh where??

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rugerguy 
#1 ·
I have a factory satin stainless steel grip frame I picked up awhile back with the idea of putting it on my blued .32 mag Single-Six.

But I'd like to get it bead blasted or something to give it a softer look.

Anyone know where I can send this off to for such a service?? Also, how much, approximately, would this cost?

Thanks! :)

#2 ·
Any machine shop with a bead blaster can do it for you. Just look in the phone book or call an auto parts store and ask them for a recomendation on shops.

#11 ·
Ok, stopped at my local O'Reilly's Auto parts store and got a RED scotch-brite pad. Pad measures 9"X6". Cost (w/tax) was $1.40.

I cut off a piece about 2.5"X6", sat and watched TV tonight while continueously wiping the grip frame. Did this for 3 hours off and on.

The frame already looks softer, more pleasing to the eye. Will probably do it for another 3 hrs off/on and then will clam it in a vise in order to do the inside of the trigger guard and to give it one final good wipe down. [^]

Stainless steel pins and screws are on order from Brownell's.

Will keep ya posted! :)

#12 ·
If it goes "too slow" for you, buy an assortment, green, white (for stainless) and try them out. I always use the red as it's the one laying around the work bench!! I don't cut them up, I use the whole pad like a 'rag'...........
I also keep some 'bronze wool' pads around too. Hardware stores like 'Ace' have that in stock. You can always tear off a piece(???) and wrap it around your bore brushes too...............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.