Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello to all since this is my first time posting here. I have a question about grips that will fit a standard model Ruger pistol. This one does not have a "Mark" designation on it. It just says "Ruger automatic pistol" on it, and of course, the magazine button is on the right side. I suspect that it is a late 50's or early 60's production since the eagle is black and not red. Will grips for a Mark I work on this pistol? I would like to replace the original black grips with an ivory set, provided I can find them, or a set wood set with the thumb rest.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
696 Posts
moptop, welcome to the Forum. Keith put a comparison at the top of this section http://www.rugerforum.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=595

Shows the differences, and yes, the Mark I will fit as long as it is the same vintage, as explained up top.......

always look at the location of the bottom holes , easiest way to spot them ............

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan, thanks very much for your reply and the link about the grips. That answers my queston perfectly. I was begining to think I had "koodies" or something since no one had responded to my post.

Dominick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts