Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a brand new 357 Blackhawk in stainless steel. I have been looking around regarding getting different grips for the gun. Is there any specific information that I need to state when ordering new grips. I have read there have been different grip frames for the Blackhawks over the years. So I just want to specify my gun correctly so I get grips that fit the first time. Any good recommendations for places to get grips? Any hints on fitting them or are they pretty standard and changing them out is pretty simple? This is my first single action revolver. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
For custom grips look in the Buy, Sell and Trade thread here on the forum, a member, 41magnum, makes and sells quality grips. Also http://www.clccustomgrips.com/, Cary Chapman is a stand-up guy to deal with and his work is outstanding. Just tell any of them you have a stainless New Model Blackhawk and they will know what grip fits. It is the standard KXR3 gripframe, as also used on the Old Army model. Read more here: http://www.gunblast.com/Hamm_Ruger-SA-GripFrames.htm
Installing grips should be a straight deal, just don't overtighten the grip screw, and you should consider a spacer to keep the ferrule from pulling out or cracking the wood. The grip supplier should have them available. Good luck and let us know how you like the Blackhawk.

AND -- Welcome to the forum, Hope to hear from you often.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I thank you too Jimbo! Very informative link on the Gunblast page.

ADDED FEB. 1, 2008:
Check this out. I found this on Ajax Grips web page this morning:

4. The latest Ruger "NEW MODEL BLACKHAWK" or "NEW MODEL SINGLE SIX" started into production about September 2007. It includes the locking feature, black plastic grips and a Ruger model number ending in the letter "L" you will need to phone in your order so we can verify which grips your specific gun will require.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts