Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there thats making grips for the Ruger Single Six? Im looking for a set of grips that will do a little better job of filling up my hand when shooting. Just wondered if there was a source out there for something like this or if I just need to suck it up and make a set myself. Would appreciate any hot leads if you have one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks jaxrider14 for the lead. That aint as nice looking as the wooden grips but it might be a much better fit! For 25 fun dollars might have to try them on for size.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I have a Single Six and the factory grips were too small for my hand. So I purchased a set pf Pachmayr's for it and now life is good. You may want to check them out, they're not that expensive about $25 and if nothing else maybe they'll do for you until you find something better.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I find the SS grips too big for my liking. I have the black grips that come on the new blued SS and they are thinner, and fit me better, than the wood grips on my Stainless Single Six. The grips on my Single Ten are my favorites as far as feel. When you go looking for grips, keep in mind the grips for the Blackhawks fit the SS also. That opens up even more choices. Take a look at Ebay to see whats available. Lots of different grips have been made for the BH and SS.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips all. I had a feeling I wasnt the only one that found the grips to be on the small side for my hand.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I put the same grips on my Single Six and my Single 10 that are on my Stainless SBH 4.6" bbl. The short barreled 44 has the same grip frame. Go to your local gun shop and handle a 4.6" SBH and see how it feels to you. The Gun fighter grips from Hogue are skinny, not much better than the black plactic ones on the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts