Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all as my title states, I have a Ruger Bisley Vaquero original. Not a New Model Ruger Bisley Vaquero. I have been wanting to replace the factory grips with a nice set of custom made grips. Do you guys have any information on who makes grips for my gun! Also I might be wrong maybe my gun is called a Ruger Vaquero Bisley? But anyway I would certainly appreciate any information on who could make some grips for my gun! Thank you in advance!! :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have one of the first group of SS Bisleys in .45 Colt. I found that Eagle Gunfighter grips work very well for me, but be advised there is enough variation among supposedly identical grip frames that fitting may be required. If you have a set of jeweler’s files, you can do it yourself fairly easily.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is there any difference between the Original Ruger Bisley Vaquero grip frame and the New Vaquero Bisley grip frame? I know the non-Bisley New Vaquero frames are thinner between the grips, but does the same difference exist in the Bisley frames?

Also - No "Old Model" Vaqueros - all Vaqueros were originally made with the "New Model" lockwork which includes a transfer bar. Certainly is a difference in the "Old Vaquero" and "New Vaquero" though. It's confusing.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Many grip makers out there! Personally I like the one man band operation, seems these smaller operations make beayties. Pride and workmanship! Not only that the little guy usually gives the best service!

swindler Those look real sweet! Nice job! BM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts