Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into new grips for my gp100 with the 5" barrel. My hands are to small for the Hogue Grips. The grips at Ruger .com that come with the Rosewood insert and the Altamont grips, are they made by the same company and if not which are better made as in fitment. Altamont Grips look better for sure.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I believe they are the same. If you get the Altamount ruber grips with the inserts make sure to check out Chigs Grips for inserts. Chad's inserts are awesome!

·
Registered
793 Posts
The Altamont grips have checkered or snakeskin frontstrap and backstrap, the Grips from Ruger are smooth. Also Altamont does not offer the compact grip. I have the full size Altamont and compact Ruger grips and fit is excellent for both.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
And if you like the size of the full size Altamont you can get the same thing (well, it's plain but same size) from Chiggs for $15. Pretty much a no-brainier if you're getting his panels at the same time. Of course if you want the smaller compact you have to go with shopruger . You can still get Chiggs panels but they are the SP101 size panels drilled for the GP100.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I can say that the Chigs grip wooden inserts are very nice I have a set on my SP101. I have also looked at the Altamont Rubber Grips and their wooden inserts for both the GP100 & SP101 they make very nice Rubber grips and inserts as well. I especially like their stippled Rubber Grips that you can get for both GP100 & SP101's

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
I have the Altamont grip and insert on my Super Redhawk. I have the Ruger (Lett's) grip with Chig's insert on my GP100. I like them all and they all fit well. They are a nice way to dress up your revolver without breaking the bank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts