Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen pics of P97's with rubber slip on grips. I like the way this looks. My question is, is Hogue the only company with slip on grips out there? I don't like the palm swell on the Hogue slip on's. I have a friend that uses and bike tire tub, it don't look as bad as it sounds but there is no texture to a bike tube.Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Never needed them-one good thing about the P97-fits big hands and little-I never needed a grip change...comfy to carry-don't grab your shirt-comfy to shoot---shoot it some and then decide....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need them, it fits my hands nice. I just think they look nice on the handle.I never thought about the fact the rubber might grab the shirt.Thanks friend, you are the "Man".

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Heavy J

Thanks friend, you are the "Man".
No Heavy J...he is the "Dog".

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup-and that's the house I stay in most of the time---dog---that's OK-Molly likes me-calls me sweeeeet puppy and pats me on the head while she pours-I can dig it.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a cut bike air tube on as grips, It looks good (after I washed it) it's not to big has no palm swell and gives just the right amount of grip. I liked it so much I made one for all my auto's.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Bet I'd like that better-no finger grooves-just a tight grip-good idea!

·
Registered
842 Posts
The regular Hogue grips don't quite fit my hand right on my old P85 but the slip on grip on this P97 is perfect for my hand. Ruger makes one with the cutout for the ser no. and I think Pachmayr make them too. I've heard of others using the bike tube with good results.
Baker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts