Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new sling for my GSR. I went with a Galco Safari Ching Sling. It is well made, like all the Galco stuff I've seen, and is easy to get in to.
I had it out at the range yesterday and it is amazing how much steadier the GSR is with the support arm looped in the sling, compared to not using one. I have used the 1907 military sling before and was aware how much steadier it made the rifle shooting from prone, sitting, kneeling or off hand. But the miltary sling takes a bit to get your arm into. You almost need another person to help you. The Safari Ching is easy and fast. Maybe not quite as fast as the original Ching, but it does not require putting an extra swivel on the rifle like the 3 point Ching.
Andy, of Andy's Leather, who makes the original 3 point Ching, also makes one he calls the Rhodesian, which is a traditional 2 point looped sling.
For those of you who are into the Scout rifles, I wanted to make you aware of Andy's scout forum, scoutrifle.org.
Here is a link : ScoutRifle.org - The Scout Rifle Forum - Index
I'll add a pic of the Galco Safari sling later in the week, I'm care-taking at a friend's ranch this week and did not bring my camera along.
Was wondering what kind of slings you all are running on your Gunsite Scouts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Use the same sling on mine.
No complaints, once you get it set up to fit correctly.
Can be used in multiple configurations.
Great field sling.
Also works great as a thumb hold when it's slung over your shoulder. :cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I use both Andy's Ching sling and Andy's Rhodesian. In leather and one of each in Biothane interesting stuff.

Can't go wrong with Andy's slings, makes holsters also.

bubbas4570 is correct his site is a great place to hang and learn stuff.

Best regards,

Roadie

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I have the Galco Safari Ching Sling on my GSR too. Liked it so much I put one on my M77 African in 338 Win Mag. Great product and works as advertised. (I haven't been disappointed in a Galco product yet for that matter.)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I had the GSR out at my range yesterday, but forgot to take a pic with the Galco Ching sling, as I was shooting from the bench testing loads. I usually take the sling off so it doesn't get in the way when shooting over sandbags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts