Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any of you have ever seen or shot a Ruger GSR with a Burris Fastfire or similar micro reflex sight mounted on a picatinny scope ring above
a LER scope.

I have a Burris 3-12x32 & a 2-7x32 sitting around for my GSR and a set of Blackhawk rings with a picatinny rail top ring. Thinking about going with the Burris 3-12x32 LER scope and mounting a Fastfire above the scope for quick shots on running hogs or deer.

I would be using this rifle while walking up on and hunting hogs and deer in hardwood bottoms type terrain. Sometimes you might be able to see for 200 plus yards through the bottom, but in other places with cane brakes the shots are 50 yards or less in close quarters. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I think it's an interesting idea. If you try it please let us know what you think. I have a Fastfire III on a 22/45 and a Burris Scout Scope on my GSR. Two great things just might taste great together. (Did somebody say Reese's?)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Having a dot to complement a scope is a good thing. Only problem I can see is the FF III is going to be up awful high and exposed. They are tough, but you might want something like this:

It wraps around the FF III and protects it. Compare this pic:

With this one:

The FF III is much better protected with the "Picatinny Protector" mount.
I also like the idea of a dot and a scope, so plan to get a long eye relief Leupold VXR 1.5-5x that has the FireDot lighted dot in the scope to put on my GSR.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts