Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to go on record to say I really dig my GSR. I had it out on the farm recently and shot it along with my Dad and had a ball. It had been a while and I forgot what a nice rifle this is. Easily walked in a decent group from 100 yards with the Burris Scout Scope I have on it and I was reminded what a good hunting rifle this would be for hogs. Or deer. Or whatever.

Not trying to add anything to the discussion about the GSR that hasn't been said already. Just wanted to share.

Shootin' with dear old Dad.

The results.

It was getting hot and we only went through one box of 20. We also shot a bunch of 44 Mag through Dad's lever action Henry. Good times making some good memories.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sounds like a great day at the range Wave. Nothing quite like an afternoon spent shooting with the old man.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics although I prefer a glimpse of your dad's smile.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
I get it. My favorite way to spend a day is shooting with friends and family at our farm.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats on the GSR and a great day with your dad! That is what it is all about.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get it. My favorite way to spend a day is shooting with friends and family at our farm.
Exactly. I'm no marksman by any stretch but I like to punch holes in paper and make steel plates ping. Doing it with family and friends is better still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts