Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spent a good amount of time on the range this past weekend...

My Stainless barreled gsr seems to love the hot Hornady Match 155gr. A-max over anything else out there (I don't hand load).

Here was the best set...the last one...9 shots left using its favorite "food"

On another note the ZQ1 nato 7.62x51 rounds were, well...interesting (Walmart $9.97/20rounds). A few were stubborn to eject. Scattered 4" diameter group at 100 yards. And VERY dirty!!

Here's a shot of the gsr all cleaned up and another of the best grouping I've shot all summer!

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have a 16.7" Blued GSR that shoots that cheap ZQ1 pretty well, other than that it likes 168 or 175 grain pills.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,546 Posts
That is one great looking rifle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
@GSR fan: It likes 168gr. A-max too! Also the sierra match king tipped ____gr.?? There is just something to be said about a consistent load...say you buy 200 here and 200 of that same brand at a later time...my go to's are what I've already said and this one >> http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Federal-Gold-Medal-308-Win-168-Grain-Sierra-GM308M-p/gm308m.htm

@alayonruger: Thx. I loved it and the price from the box...added a sling, Redfield stainless QR sling mounts, warne med-rise qr mounts, Leatherwood/Hi-Lux 2-7x32 LER optics with blue Loctite on ALL important points and the procomp brake. <$1k

The surefire procomp brake drastically reduced recoil...nearly .223-like recoil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts