Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the hard copy of my CHL in the mail. It looks just like my driver's license, even has the same number. Only bad thing about it...there's a photo of some old, ugly guy on the front. Kansas45 - did you get yours, or have you applied?

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Congratulations!!! Always nice to be able to carry knowing you are legal. If you carry all the time, it gets to where you don't notice that you are carrying.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Rman--now slip the temp copy into your glovebox in what you drive most-might reduce an arrest on a "forgot my ... wallet" day to a warning!! Also, you'll have less trouble digging it out should you lose your wallet and have to get a replacement...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
rman,

Congratulation, you did a good thing!

My wife and I get to renew ours in April.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I've been carrying every day. Picked up the temporary license on the 4th and starting carrying on the way home from work that day. Good advice Sheepdog - I'll do that.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
One more of us legally carrying against them---great news!!!! By the way-been meaning to tell you Mec-Gar makes 17-rd mags for the P95 that fit flush! Rugeraddict told us on another thread awhile ago...

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations Nettles. Feels great doesn't it!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I'm starting to shop for a smaller CCW gun now, P95 prints too easy on my 165 pound waist... SP101 is looking good, but so are the 1911's and P345... decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you can CCW the P345, you can CCW the P95-just buy a new gun because you want to!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't know, but the P95 has the slimmest, most comfortable double stack I've ever seen-like it better than the Browning---you've made a convert out of this ole .45 dog- I'm gonna get me one!! I carry IWB at the belly and raise the clip a little higher on the holster-that sets the grip low enough when I squat or bend it's comfy and still fast with one hand...I do haveabelly!! I've carried that way all my life, though-when I was 154 on up. If you must carry strong side-an outer garment is best- trying to tear out or hike up a shirt on the side is lots harder with the thumb than hooking up the shirt in front....you may try ten carrys before you find yours...I'm just glad you're out there carrying!!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I tried a "new to me" carry position today when I took Wifey out to breakfast this morning... SOB(Small Of Back) without a holster, ala Mexican Style... So far the most comfortable place with the P95. I didn't even bother me in the truck. It just sank into the seat back.

I am still in the "everybody sees it" stage... I am sure time will take care of the self conscience feelings. But I still think a smaller profiled pistol for CCW is in my future, especially for summer carry.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts