Ruger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks, I have a .338 RCM in the ss/syn compact mag model. Love the rifle, just shot my second bull with it this season. I hunt mostly with my pack on and I would like to get a shorter stock for it.

I'm thinking a guide gun stock would solve my issues, but I am having problems with Ruger service trying to get a replacement stock. They want a s/n for the rifle and since mine is not a guide gun, it causes them to vapor lock.

Is there another way to get this by them without buying a new guide gun? The only difference for me is I like my compact mag, and I really don't see a need for a muzzle brake on the .338.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts