Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What EDC belts are you using . You can buy a great holster but if your wearing a dress belt that holster is a flapper. Just thing how many good holsters seemed uncomfortable just because it wasn't secured properly. A good carry belt is just as important as a good holster in my opinion.

·
Administrator
22,272 Posts
Bullside Belts is having sales right now 1/2 price on some of their belts. I have a couple and they are sturdy and will hold up to years of carry and wear.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
I have moved to ratchet belts for easier adjustments.

Reactions: rwilky78

·
Registered
562 Posts
Muddy river tactical, water buffalo. My IWB kydex holster from them clips to my work pants, but if I upgrade I will get a holster that clips to the belt.

I'm happy w it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have three Hank’s leather steel core belts. I have a black and brown 1-1/4” dress belts for work and a 1-1/2” belt for out of work wear.
I was considering Hanks as I’m in the market for a gun belt for a 3,5 inch freedom arms 44 special and since you have three I placed my order for one.

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
I just bought and love the "KORE Essential Gun Belt"...exact fit reinforced power core EDC gun belt.
*Very secure and makes a good solid base for my OWB, IWB or APPENDIX.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I like Hanks belts too. I don’t have the steel lined ones, just the thick leather ones. Well made, nice color/stitching, and stiff enough for most pistols and small revolvers.

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
I was considering Hanks as I’m in the market for a gun belt for a 3,5 inch freedom arms 44 special and since you have three I placed my order for one.
You will like them. And by the way, I don’t consider it heavy, but this belt supports a Dan Wesson Valkyrie in .45 ACP in an alien gear holster every day and they still look new.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I really like the Daltech Super Biobelt. It's a polymer...yes I was skeptical too, but it is a great belt value. I got it on sale for $40.

It looks like leather and looks the same as the day I got it. Very stiff and will not fold over, but I carry a pretty light LC9s. It's my everyday belt, carry or not. I tend to have a bit of a paunch and this belt really helps keep my pant up where they belong.

I think they only have black, but I will buy another one in different color as soon as it's offered.

·
Registered
613 Posts
After being really bummed because my Kore belt inside stiffener broke after a couple of wearings, I bought an Armour double layer belt. The regular gun belt is thicker than 1/4" which makes it challenging to get through the loops or clips on holsters, but that belt will hold absolutely anything very securely. That one is tan. My second one, in black, iss the newer "thinner" style 1/4" thick belt and it is totally perfect. I use it most often. I know it will live a lot longer than I will! And the best thing is that you can order the exact size you want and need. My seond belt is 351/2" long! And you can specify how far apart and how many holes you want to have.

The last custom holster I had made by James Nelson is modified pancake style and the openings are made wider to fit that more than 1/4" thick belt. I also have a couple other range holsters that fit the thicker belt just fine.

I know there are other sturdy gun belts, but after having used about 5 or 6 different brands over the years, Armour is MY belt! (Both of them!) I have given away a few of the old, less sturdy, ones to new women shooters who didn't have a belt and don't carry yet. That "broken inside" Kore belt is now my husband's dress belt, and he only needs to wear it once a year, if that.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I bought a 'Nexbelt' EDC and have been very pleased. It is stiff, light and has ratchet adjustment. They have lots of options but being well into the 'plus sizing' only the EDC is available in 'XL' (which is up to something like 67", you just cut off what you don't need (you cut off the buckle end, it attaches with a latch and set screws covering the cut end). I have cut mine three times, not that I am getting smaller, just didn't want to take too much at once and be sorry.
I like mine enough that while it shows no evidence of wear, I already bought another for when it does (or in case I outgrow this one, the spare won't be cut until needed).

Bruce

·
Registered
159 Posts
Another + 1 on Hanks Belts. I have a few (for work and not) and the quality and durability on them is top notch. A few years in on the oldest one and it looks the same as the day that I got it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts