Ruger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I really like the Daltech Super Biobelt. It's a polymer...yes I was skeptical too, but it is a great belt value. I got it on sale for $40.

It looks like leather and looks the same as the day I got it. Very stiff and will not fold over, but I carry a pretty light LC9s. It's my everyday belt, carry or not. I tend to have a bit of a paunch and this belt really helps keep my pant up where they belong.

I think they only have black, but I will buy another one in different color as soon as it's offered.
I agree, Had mine a couple of years. Wear mostly with jeans carrying glock 22 spare mag and cell phone. Still looks as new, tough and made in USA.
PS: Check fasteners for tightness occasionally

·
Grand Inquisitor
2,035 Posts
I pocket carry a stainless snub or on the farm or in the woods carry OWB in a full-flap holster. Nothing has bested the Daltech force steel core belts that I use. They are dressy enough to wear to work with a sport coat and slacks. I do not notice the gun most of the time, even a Blackhawk.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm waiting for an email back from NexBelts to see if the are made in the USA , the belt and buckle's look exactly like the Kore Essential , if Next is all made in the USA I will place an order for their Rogue Walnut 1.5 EDC belt . Hopefully they are.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Steel insert. Bigfoot makes good belts. Holes are closer together to allow more adjustment.

I bought a Bigfoot earlier this year. I went with the extra-thick with the embossed Celtic knotwork pattern. Stylish and functional.

Reactions: Jack Ruger

·
Registered
77 Posts
You will like them. And by the way, I don’t consider it heavy, but this belt supports a Dan Wesson Valkyrie in .45 ACP in an alien gear holster every day and they still look new.
Received my Hanks belt today. Looks great. Held my HK p30sk tight and in place. I bought it for freedom arms 97 about 33 oz unloaded but simply rugged holster did not arrive. Thanks again for your post. I’ll pick up a brown belt in the fall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What EDC belts are you using . You can buy a great holster but if your wearing a dress belt that holster is a flapper. Just thing how many good holsters seemed uncomfortable just because it wasn't secured properly. A good carry belt is just as important as a good holster in my opinion.
Hank's Gunner leather belt. A heavy duty EDC belt.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I tried the Nextbelt EDC and it didn't take me long to order a second one for my "work" pants. I suspect these will both outlast me by a very wide margin!
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
433 Posts
Galco Instructor's belt, only because it's what I have and it was free. A friend didn't like it, gave it to me. I'm not all that crazy about it either, only wear it on the odd occasion when I'm carrying OWB.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm around saltwater a lot, so leather is not always the best choice.
I do use them for woods carry, such as a great Hank's Belt, a Wild Bill Concealment belt, a Lobo Gunleather.

My EDC is usually a reinforced 5.11 or Wilderness-type nylon with the stiffener in the middle layer of material.
Unfazed by saltwater and sweat, easily replaced, but will last a long time.

·
Registered
917 Posts
5.11 casual gun belt. cheap and availbale at 5.11 stores

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Kimberpro
What ratchet belt are you using ? I have two Kore belts , brown and black , just wish they were made in the USA.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Kimberpro
What ratchet belt are you using ? I have two Kore belts , brown and black , just wish they were made in the USA.
Not sure about his, but mine fits those categories. The buckle isn't a ratchet but same concept, pull it to where you want it and done, release the lever and it comes off.

Look at the Ares Gear, Aegis Enhanced.

It's a little expensive but you get what you pay for, including a lifetime warranty. Made in OH.

I swear by them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I sounds like the system on the belt buckles in the military. Will check out yours.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts