Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a new gun builder who seeks good advice on what is the best Ruger 10/22 gun stock and barrel ? our goal is to build the perfect barrel & stock . Any ideas ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you ready for a slew of info that will make your head spin, and a slew of products that will leave you stymied to make a decision? I have had two 10/22's now and I think I finally know what I want to do with them....I think. Which means after I finally do what I want to do, I will have to go find another one to do it differently....It is a sickness that I love to have.... Good luck. Remember, perfect to one is flawed to another. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too am on my first "build". The more I looked, the more confused I got. I will share what Little I have learned. The stock barrel is pretty darn accurate. Before I buy another barrel, I am going to send mine in and have the chamber modified.
As to the stock, Are you going tactical, synthetic, wood, laminate, etc.? I am a wood guy and will be ordering a Boyd's mainly because of the price.
My trigger assy is currently at Brimstone, and my bolt was done by CPC. Have I made the best choices, time will tell? My philosophy is buy less expensive at first to see if it is/does what I want. I would hate to invest in high dollar kits etc. only to find out it is not to my liking. I can always up grade after I find out what I like.
How ever you decide to go, let me wish you Welcome aboard and good luck.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You will have to start by defining "perfect" and then set a price cut-off...

The good news is there is something for everyone...

The bad news is it will take you many hours to look at all the available options...and many more to figure out what meets your definition of perfect...then a winning lottery ticket will help a lot... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts