Ruger Forum banner

Gun Logic

3216 Views 84 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Iowegan
Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it’s time to raise the age of smart phone ownership to 21.
If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry, USA.

The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, if they were the problem, you’d know it.

When JFK was killed, no one blamed the gun.

The NRA murders 0 people and received $0 in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500 million in tax dollars annually.

I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we’re at it, let’s do the same for immigration, Voter ID and candidates running for office.
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 85 Posts
The argument that guns don’t kill people all on their own is true. But guns make killing people easier and more efficient.

This is the “Catch 22” we are up against.
Reactions: 2
One thing that all mass shootings, most murders, and all suicides have in common is mental illness. Control mental illness somehow and guns would not be an issue.
  • Love
Reactions: 5
It would be interesting to see a graph with two trend lines on it. Let’s graph gun deaths over the last 100 years compared to the elimination of mental health facilities.
  • Love
Reactions: 4
One thing that all mass shootings, most murders, and all suicides have in common is mental illness. Control mental illness somehow and guns would not be an issue.
This Is The Key Word .. " Control Mental illness " I Agree 💯% ... They Can Do This In Today's Society but Why Not ???? ... The Money They Make Off Health Care Is Out Of This World ...
Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it’s time to raise the age of smart phone ownership to 21.

Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, if they were the problem, you’d know it.

The NRA murders 0 people and received $0 in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500 million in tax dollars annually.

I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we’re at it, let’s do the same for immigration, Voter ID and candidates running for office.
It's all part of a bigger plan, biden's China can't come in yet til all the guns are gone, you all 110 % right.

Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it’s time to raise the age of smart phone ownership to 21...
Firearms recently became the number one cause of death for children and teens in the United States, surpassing motor vehicle deaths and those caused by other injuries.

Here's my source for my quote:
Firearms recently became the number one cause of death for children and teens in the United States, surpassing motor vehicle deaths and those caused by other injuries.

The data in the post is less useful than protozoa of the genus plasmodium. And WAY less accurate than the worst newest shooter. Abortion alone should make the average person scratch their heads.
Reactions: 3

Notice how they make NO DISTINCTION between the blue city war zones and the rest of TAX PAYING America. You know, the cities with all the progressive gun control programs.
Reactions: 1
Accidents are responsible for almost one-half of all adolescent deaths. Specifically, car accidents and motor vehicle fatalities are the leading cause of death among teens, accounting for over one-third of all adolescent mortalities

Above from the CDC. This specifically mentions adolescents rather than teens and children. Just pointing out that if you phrase the question a certain way and look hard enough, you can find different answers. Since we are calling into question IOWEGAN's statement about texting specifically, I decided to do a quick check on causes of death among teens. The NEJM article referenced above states this has changed, but the data I found was from May 15, 2023
Reactions: 1
maddmatter1970...
"The data in the post is less useful than protozoa of the genus plasmodium. And WAY less accurate than the worst newest shooter. Abortion alone should make the average person scratch their heads."

So you consider data from Jul 08, 2022 (less than a year ago) invalid? HA!!!

So please show me the date of your "data" by posting a link to a reliable source that shows texting kills more than guns? I want to see THAT!
Logic and whatever mental system they operate under appear to be mutually exclusive.
Que?
Look the data in your posted article is pure fiction. I do not know if you posted it as a joke, or serious, hopefully as a joke. Look up slip and fall deaths. Then look up total firearms deaths
You can parse data to paint differing pictures, or, like your posted reference you can simply ignore the real world and make stuff up.
I ain't as good with making stuff up. Not smart enough!
I know what would help. How about a law prohibiting the purchase of firearms by minors.

Wait that didn’t work. How about more laws and a government outreach program.
  • Haha
Of course it wouldn't. They're all bad. My point is simply that the folks I argue with about this sort of stuff are smart enough to look at numbers for themselves, which makes sense. I'd just like an arguable number from a reputable source that I can counter their crap arguments.
heres one; US Census Bureau. Number of GLBTQ respondents of adults in all states and US territories: 0.041% of US adults. COMBINED. The math is approx. 13.5 million TOTAL .
This includes respondents claiming to be "trans-sexuals" but actual chemical or surgical trans-sexual are lumped together with "mere" cross-dressers claiming to be "trans".
Remember there are only FOUR types of sexuality in actuality:
Heterosexual
Homosexual
Both
None
Everything else is dress-up (my comment)

0.041% of adults including territories. And the power that results from focus is changing corporations, government, and your 401K.

Imagine for a moment if only 13.5 million gun owners voted en bloc like a gun owner. Imagine what might happen if they wrote and called their electeds once every week!
What a country we might have.
See less See more
maddmatter1970...
"The data in the post is less useful than protozoa of the genus plasmodium. And WAY less accurate than the worst newest shooter. Abortion alone should make the average person scratch their heads."

So you consider data from Jul 08, 2022 (less than a year ago) invalid? HA!!!

So please show me the date of your "data" by posting a link to a reliable source that shows texting kills more than guns? I want to see THAT!
Its not invalid because of its date, it is simply WRONG. Real stats are only available pre 2021 as of right now is the first problem. The second problem is the cdc's "fast stats" are pretty much parsed simply for political reasons.
The rate of accidental deaths, broad term, is 49 per 100k. This includes a lot of details. The source on that is the cdc. That is the TOTAL. ACCIDENTAL death. Accidental poisoning deaths for the usa are 240 per day. That is an easy one, easy to find. 42 million teens (13% of the total population) ((federal data youth.gov)) 13% of 240= 31. 31 teens a day die from accidental poisoning. 31x365=11,315 a year.
Total GUN RELATED DEATHS skewed by a government out of control for 2021 you ask? Including accidental, suicide, and murder? Glad you asked....
48,830. All age groups.
13% of 48830=6348
6348/365=17 deaths per day of teens by any means with a gun.
And we just looked at poisoning alone. There are many many many higher values.
What is sad is this is all data an idiot hill jack like me can get, math an idiot can do, and still we see a headline like "guns jump up and kill more children than anyrhing else"
Ps abortion rate is about 350k a year.
Malaria (the joke I made) only kills about 5 per year.
See less See more
  • Helpful
Then the solution is more guns and less cell phones? Here are some fun facts then

• Haha
Then the solution is more guns and less cell phones? Here are some fun facts then

Stats from the AMA. Historically anti-gun. They sure had it right with COVID. 😂
  • Haha

You gotta be joking. If so, kudos! Thats some funny stuff!
Statistics have become as variable as pronouns. It's hard to trust something that only exists in someone else's head.
Liars figure and figures lie.
61 - 80 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.