Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all, thought I'd post this here. If I sell in the classifieds, do I send it from my LGS to yours, or directly to your LGS\FFL? How is payment usually done? I really can't take a credit card...maybe I could through my business...PayPal gift, personal check? have some ammo too. Anything special to send that?
Thanks a lot,
Kurt

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You send it through you FFL holder to the recipient's FFL holder.

As to payment, you'd be best served specifying a casheir's check or USPS money order.

They send you the money, payable to you, and you send the gun, via FFLs. Ask beforehand how and how much your dealer will charge for the shipping. Include this in the selling price and inform the purchaser you will do so, or therwise eat the cost of shipping.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I see I didn't address your second part of the question, and for that I apologize.

What kind of ammunition do you have? If factory loaded, try to sell it through your local gun shop. Not worth the shipping charges, which usually require special handling, at about a $25.00 fee plus shipping charges.

If its handloads, afraid you're pretty well stuck with them. Few folks want to buy someone else's reloads.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
805 Posts
You are not required to ship rifles or shotguns thru an FFL unless the receiving FFL requires it. You can ship a handgun to an FFL but it is a real hassle and anymore when I sell a handgun like on GB I use my dealer because it is so easy and even with the fees costs less than UPS or Fed Ex but your dealer may charge more. I have sold several rifles via GB and always ship USPS priority mail to the FFL. I have had to show the post office the regulations a time or two but other than that no problem

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Selling online is easy.

The buyer will have his ffl send you their license info and you can then contact them and ask if they'll accept shipment from a non-ffl. If so they'll want YOUR info, name, address and so on. If not, your ffl will need the receiving ffl info so they can send it.

Payment can be anything, but if you can't take a cc, ask for a certified check, cashiers check or a money order. Once you get payment you can ship right away.

Hope this helps and good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts