Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the area of our local basspro and figured I'd stop and check on their on hand stock. Lots or. 380, .40 and. 38. Only 5 box's 9mm target. But biggest shock was the pistol case.12' long with 3 shelves was nearly empty. Plus about 12 people waiting their turn in line to buy what little they had left.

I really don't see this crazy buying to slow down anytime soon. Right now I'm looking to buy a .380 or .40 used gun just because everywhere there are cases of it sitting on shelves and floors and shoot it for awhile.

Ive got plenty of my normal ammunition but till I see it back on the shelves were I can just drop in and pick up a few boxes I'm keeping it locked away.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Bass Pro here has gotten pretty thin in their gun stock as well. Where the cases used to have gun-gun-gun-gun sitting right next to each other, now it's gun-foot of space-gun-foot of space-gun.

Other gunshops in town are getting low on stock too.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing around here.
I was at the range earlier this week to sight in my 22/45, and wanted to restock what I had shot that day. No 22lr at all. They did have some .32 autos in an off brand (at premium price). So I left there and went to Academy, Not much better there, and long lines to get anything. I did find a 500 count box of Gold Medal at my home town guns shop, but that was about all he had too.

Im not even going to take my 9mm, .40, or 223 to the range. I don't want to use up my stock of ammo for those.
This is insane!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I was at my Wal-Mart in Salem Virginia today and they had gotten in a good supply of rifles and shot guns a big difference from last monday when they only had 3 guns in stock.
The ammunition was very low no 22s and very few 38s and 9mm

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think this is what's going on everywhere. I don's see it ending any time soon since everyone is back ordering everything since they think it is going to last.

Around here all of the .380 and 9mm handguns are gone with limited .22LR handguns. Plenty of shotguns and muzzleloaders though.

Ammo wise all the rifle rounds (30-06, .308, .22LR, .223/.556, etc) and major handgun rounds (.380, 9mm and 40SW) are gone. Tons of .45 in-stock.

Hopefully the ammo returns soon since thats all I need.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Was in a Sportsman's Warehouse this morning. They have been holding better stock than Gander, but looked sad today. I'd guess Gander was even worse.

Big gaps in their handgun racks, but they did have one LCR-357 and one .22 SP-101. Also S&W's plastic Bodyguard snub.

Ammo was awful. No nine, no .380. A little .40 and .45ACP. Six boxes of American Eagle .357, and eleven boxes of .38, mostly round nose. I grabbed a box of Independence .38 FMJ, since that's my usual and there were two boxes.

Worst was .22. No Shorts, Longs, or Long rifles. Not one round. But they had a good stock of .22WMR and .17.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm seeing the same thing around here.
I was at the range earlier this week to sight in my 22/45, and wanted to restock what I had shot that day. No 22lr at all. They did have some .32 autos in an off brand (at premium price). So I left there and went to Academy, Not much better there, and long lines to get anything. I did find a 500 count box of Gold Medal at my home town guns shop, but that was about all he had too.

Im not even going to take my 9mm, .40, or 223 to the range. I don't want to use up my stock of ammo for those.
This is insane!
You want .40 there's over 80 Winchester white box 100 round value box alone at basspro Wally is has plenty too. 25-30 boxes on the shelves.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
It will take a while for the pipeline to fill again. Many retailers are being supplied at the rate before the panic buying. Retailers will probably gear up slowly as wholesale orders increase and wholesalers will increase orders to manufacturers. Then manufacturers will increase production. I suspect each part of the pipeline will be careful so as not to be overstocked as retail purchase slows.

I've been trying to buy a little ammo all along after the previous scare, but like the rest of gun owners a little nervous over the present situation.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know what you mean. My local Sprtsmans Warehouse is looking pretty thin on almost everything gun related. ALmost looks like they are going out of business. That being said I am picking up a very lightly used Mark II in stainless with a 5" bull barrel tomorrow....Yay me...
Darrell

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was actually surprised yeaterday. Went by local LGS to pick up another 17rd mag for the SR9C and the racks were full of rifles. Even AR styles. Prices were even normal. Private sale prices are out of the roof though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts