Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a local gun show and once again I was disappointed with what was there. Lots of new stuff but nothing that I was looking for. When you did talk to a dealer no one was willing to deal ... their price or no deal

I think I'll stick to online shops and auctions ... far better deals!

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Went to a local gun show and once again I was disappointed with what was there. Lots of new stuff but nothing that I was looking for. When you did talk to a dealer no one was willing to deal ... their price or no deal

I think I'll stick to online shops and auctions ... far better deals!
RM ... unfortunately, it seems that the "Goodman" gun shows that are prominent in our area have stopped being of interest to the "old timers" several years ago. No deals and lots of newbies seem to be the fare these days :(.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I noticed that at the last gun show I attended...lots of used guns at new or nearly new gun prices...maybe all the Gun Control talk is keeping prices up with private sellers!?!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I wonder what kind of statistics (I actually doubt any) are available on the decline of gun show purchases over the years. Closing the 'gun show loophole' is just another (going to be) useless gun control measure.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I remember when going to gun show was really exciting, so much military memorabilia, old antique firearms, Beautiful old Brownings and Winchesters nicely oiled and on display (dont touch !!) new firearms, used stuff, gun parts, stocks, barrels, reloading equipment..... stuff for everybody. The "Bill Goodman Gun and Knife show days" Tell a buddy, bring a friend..... lol

Now its just endless rows of cheaply made, poorly blued, plastic stocked utilitarian guns and assault rifles. And one table is the same as the next. Sure aint the same.... thats for sure.

·
Registered
930 Posts
rmichael,

I have seen and found the same thing. been to two shows recently with friends that were shopping and no finds no deals.

Staying with local gun stores and on-line to find what I want and best deals.

Good luck and hope someone finds something but it has not been me for some time now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
RM ... unfortunately, it seems that the "Goodman" gun shows that are prominent in our area have stopped being of interest to the "old timers" several years ago. No deals and lots of newbies seem to be the fare these days :(.
Back in the 80's and 90's they were the best. It's been down hill from there. When they had the rear entrance, upstairs open, it was a different time.... Those days are gone. Remember the Buffalo Jerky Guy? :D

·
Registered
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rmichael,

I have seen and found the same thing. been to two shows recently with friends that were shopping and no finds no deals.

Staying with local gun stores and on-line to find what I want and best deals.

Good luck and hope someone finds something but it has not been me for some time now.
Hockey ... you are right. Haven't found a good deal since I bought my P95 at a gun show about 3 years ago. Private sale no paper work ...

·
Registered
84 Posts
This has worked for me: Go to gunbroker.com or gunsamerica and copy the best price of the exact firearm that you want to buy. Take same to gun show and tell the dealer that, if he can match the price (add up for shipping) he has a deal. If he says no, just walk away. No harm, no foul. Twice already it has worked for me (an AR-15 and a S&W 9mm). These guys don't really want to take all of their inventory back with them if they don't have to. Good luck.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,549 Posts
Last month's gun expo was different. Mountain Airr Promotions held a first ever expo at a neighboring city and it had a totally different feel.

It featured a Daisy inflatable shooting range and a gunslinger (last name Dillon) on stage. it was a true family event.

Inside, it was also refreshingly much better compared to last two years' shows. No one's selling beef jerky. Only guns and gun-related and self-defense items. I witnessed several deals closed with a downpayment and a handshake. There were pro-2A groups inside too. There were good (not great) deals but none's good enough to convince me to buy a GP100.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Back in the 80's and 90's they were the best. It's been down hill from there. When they had the rear entrance, upstairs open, it was a different time.... Those days are gone. Remember the Buffalo Jerky Guy? :D
Those days are indeed long gone :( (never cared for jerky though) ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't go for the guns anymore. However, if I go, I go looking for the reloading supplies and if I'm lucky, I'll find a good deal on magazines.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Holy thread resurrection Batman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts