Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an unexpected call today from an FFL buddy. Seems a guy was wanting an LCR 38+P and having no luck finding one locally. He also had an old Blackhawk he was looking to trade. My buddy knew I liked old Blackhawks so he passed along some photos to see if was interested. What he didn't know was I happened to have an LCR 38+P.....

Long story short - a few hours later I swapped an LCR 38+P for a 1967 3-screw Blackhawk in .357 Magnum, 4 - 5/8" barrel and in near mint condition! Original lockwork/no transfer bar. Very few minor handling marks and looks as if hardly ever shot. No cash in the deal either way - straight up trade.

Ruger will continue to crank out LCRs until who knows when. They stopped making these 45 years ago. It will be a lot easier to replace the LCR if I ever want another one. This Blackhawk not so much.....

Wave

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
That's a real beauty you have there mate.
And what a sweet deal..... ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks like you got yourself one helluva deal -- Congrats!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Very smart looking Blackhawk for it's age...nice grab Wave'! ;)

It is in very nice shape, the bluing, grips look great. How's the action? Tight I'll bet...

You're right the LCR .38's will be around for awhile to come, easily replaced. But your vintage Blackhawk is a catch of a lifetime. Good job!

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
I really like the looks of that. Good score.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,471 Posts
Waveform, Like the old saying goes ... sometimes you can fall into an outhouse and come out smellin' like a rose. You my friend are smellin' like a rose on that deal. There's just something about a non-converted 4 5/8" OM BH that really gets my batteries charged. Major jealousy here!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Wow, awesome trade! I almost feel bad for the other guy... what was he thinking. Hey, everybody's happy, everybody wins!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Major jealousy here!
I am with ya! Nice! I've yet to get my first 'OM'

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Clean Old Model.

And I like your philosophy.

They sure don't make them like that anymore.

Nice score! :cool:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Great catch!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Waveform, you really hit the jackpot on that trade.............your Blackhawk is truly beautiful! Now, please excuse me..................while I continue to drool over it!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very nice! Sweet trade. Pays to have people watching out for you.
Looks like the bigger of the three screws may be a little loose.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts