Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good info, lots of photos. One difference I see is there are four holes in the muzzle flange of the screw-in barrel. Other LCRs do not have those holes. Maybe to fit a special wrench for installing/removing the barrel? I posted once asking how one would do that on the other LCRs, with no replies.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCR22Mag.htm

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm currently packin' the LCR .22LR because of arthritis issues (gettin' old sux). But, I see the .22 LR falling to second place behind one of these just as soon as it hits the streets.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I love Jeff's insight. He's a common sense, no bullsh*t kinda guy. The GunBlast site also provides a ton of pics of each firearm, which I greatly appreciate. So far as the LCR-22WMR review is concerned, the following quote is a keeper:

"Given a choice in a bad situation, I would prefer to have a rifle, shotgun, or Marine regiment at my disposal, but I cannot carry any of those with me on a daily basis, so I must choose a handgun which I can conceal comfortably."

Constantly reading about how this or that cartridge is "underpowered" becomes tiring.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good article. Thanks for posting. I told my LGS about the LCR 22Mag monday and he's going to try to order a couple. Look forward to trying one out myself. I would love to see an LCR in .44 Special. I loved my old custom Charter Arms Bulldog in that caliber, until it was lost to a burglar 20+ years ago.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Worst part about the LCR 22wmr for me is I have to wait until my dumb gubmint approves it for sale here.:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
One of my LGS's suppliers got their hands on 1 22WMR LCR. My LGS got to it first. I was the one who'd asked for it, so they called me first.

I put down a deposit to lock it in, it should be here by Monday. Come to papa. :D

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Thanks for the post. Wish Ruger would bring out one that had both LR and WMR swappable cylinders.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'd still like to have one of these, even if the LCR-22LR is more practical and much cheaper (ammo) for my needs.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll have a wife or girl to give it to, or it can serve as an extra SD/HD gun or be my primary gun when I'm old and can't handle the .38spl recoil anymore???

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I do love .22 magnum. Will be watching for one to arrive at my LGS.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wish Ruger made this with a birdhead grip.
Ruger® Order Now

Like this one, but at my age I guess the Heritage would out last me, just like Rugers. Thinking of getting one for a truck gun with the mag cylinder, at least I wouldn't cry if someone broke in and stole it like I would over a Ruger. Hear the flash/bang is pretty rough with a 22mag, never shot one.
HER 22/22M 3.75 BL B - Impact Guns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts