Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yeah, you don't take nothing metal in a MRI! I work in a hospital, and that is a no no!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Tech learned firsthand about ass u me.....this was written by an intelligent, unbiased, unemotional human being who simply reported ALL the facts...oh, that all shootings had this kind of reporting...amazing!!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'll bet that incident woke up the neighborhood! Sure glad no one was hurt. Kinda makes you
re-think "cocked & locked".

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, right! It makes some re-think going to elementary school again. :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
the weapon shouldn't have been in the hospital to begin with in my book. And I wonder why whom ever it was thought they could pull the gun from the magnet?
Don't they use an electric magnet to pick up cars with? I don't think I would want this guy for my partner. Doesn't seem like he was the sharpest knife in the kitchen for sure.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Snuffy, I'll bet not 2 in 10 cops could explain an MRI to you...and that's not their job...the tech was negligent...the officer notified him he had a gun and was given poor instructions...no reason an officer or a CCW permit holder shouldn't carry in a hospital unless it's properly posted...most aren't....the officer did no wrong, in my opinion...the techie needs to be retrained and probably was!!! Years ago, I paid for a PPK by donating plasma...twice a week...they knew I was an officer and said that they needed to take my firearm because of the oxygen present...but that they would lay it on the counter about 4' from me...where I could reach it if whatever...my appointments seemed often to coincide with one Johnny Jett...boxcar burglar come laude...we had several pointed conversations and he eyed my magnum with lust and awe...as we gave our blood...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sheepdog, you're absolutely right - tech gave wrong instruction. But, as Snuffy mentioned, the cop, even not knowing how MRI machine works, haven't noticed a beastly enormous magnet that could easily pull up a car. It's a miracle that nobody got hurt.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I can see your point sheepdog, I have had a MRI and I guess I had much better tec than this officer did. The first words out of their mouths was its like a big magnet. They could see from my records where I worked and probaly figured I might be carring. I wasn't as I had asked questions before hand. I still can't tell you how and MRI works. But I think I am smart enought to not try to pull a loaded weapon off of the machine it just sucked up nor would I let any other person touch it. First thing that comes to my mind would to to shut it off. But of course that is just me.
I am also glad no one was hurt if I failed to mention that then that is my error.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Amazing incident. I have a MRI every year for a brain tumor. Hurts my teeth (fillings) every time I have a MRI. My mouth also feels like it is full of nails for a couple of weeks. Can't believe the gun incident, however.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have had the open MRI and it was only for my knee. I have had folks tell me the MRI didn't do anything for my knee but I limped in there and was able to walk out just fine. Maybe they were right, it was just in my head lol. They asked me what type of music I listened to and I told them country. Wouldn't ya know every song they played was a toe tapper and they told me I couldn't toe tap.
I was told I was the best patient they had had is a while, I can't sleep on my back but I did that day. They kept waking me up, when they would tell me what was going to happen next lol.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Never even seen an MRI-but by the time the shot went off, I'd have been looking for the plug...what a freak story...I don't think I'd wanta go into that thing...they say you have to be perfectly still and when I have to be perfectly still, I always itch...not fleas, mind you....just itch....and when I itches, I scratches...I'd never get done in there.....what kinda music, Snuffy??? I love western swing..."Waltz across Texas" and I'm married to a woman who won't listen to three songs in a row without griping and changing channels...my first wife and I always had a radio on...maybe if I started singing......

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I couldn't have made it in the tube type that is for sure. Well sheepdog guess that is why I am not married any more when I come home I want it quiet and I don't want to hear nothing about nothing. So I can listen to old western music, relax and enjoy life.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I always have my wife put my carry item in her purse when I go to the medical place.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
jaredshs,
That is a good idea, your one of the lucky ones that has a good wife. I on the other hand wouldn't have trusted either one of my ex's to hold a weapon for me. My first would have just stood there crying, my second wife I would have had to talker her through the whole process from start to finsh.
I have no luck in that area of picking a mate, so I gave up.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Snuffy......don't give up. It took three times each for my sweetie. She was worth the wait.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts