Ruger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
As am I. I have a 92FS which is another I will never sell. If I ever find a cheetah in .380 ACP I want to buy one of those too- baby 92 basically
I have the big brother of the 92, and thats the 96A1. Its such a well built handgun.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
With over 50 years of buying, selling and trading, yes, many.
Rifles:
1884 Springfield Trapdoor
Pre 64 Winchester 70 that had been re barreled with a stainless steel barrel and chambered in 7MM Rem Mag
Pistols:
S&W Model 61
S&W Model 60
S&W Model 27 with 3 1/2 inch barrel
S&W Model 18 4 inch
S&W Model 15 4 inch
S&W Model 19 4 inch
S&W Model 39
S&W Model 49
S&W Model 66 4 inch
USG 1911A1 with Union Switch and Signal slide
Browning High Power

There are more....
SOSK

·
Registered
120 Posts
I traded a Super Blackhawk three screw for a 336c Marlin, reloading dies and about 200 pieces of 30-30 brass. That was in the early 80's. I had wanted a 30-30 Marlin since I was a kid, so it was a happy trade. But regret losing Blackhawk now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bad judgment

I have two bad decisions. A Remington Nylon 22 20 years ago and a S&W 586 30 years ago. I regret these deeply.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Easy question... every one I've ever been talked out of, sold outright or traded! Especially my Browning Hi-Power, which I was going to replace immediately but didn't. Turns out it had the best trigger of any other Hi-Power I've handled since!
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
370 Posts
My dad's, (RIP), Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag. He was a big fan of single action six-shooters. I wasn't, besides I already had a S&W Model 29. Big mistake. Too soon old, too late smart.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My first 10/22 and all the accessories, my P-90 .45. Both were very accurate, especially the P-90. I had a MK II target stolen so I sold the .45 and bought a MK II Government Target. Still have the MK II, and I sold a SKS to replace the 10/22. Recently sold a M77/22, I wonder if that should have happened. That was my ferrol cat gun of choice. Oops, did I just type that out loud?

·
Registered
37 Posts
First one comes to mind was trading a cz rami for a beretta. 380 cheetah. Hated that Beretta. Replaced the rami many years later. Sold a walther interarms blued .380 ppk/s. Bad move. Also traded off a colt agent revolver that I would like back.
Only long gun really miss was a Remington model 700 in 22-250. Dad bought me that rifle. Traded it for a 243, which works better in the hill country.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mid 80`s, S&W 586 with a 6" barrel. First revolver I ever bought. Beautiful gun which I let an ex wife have because I just had to get away and didn`t want to argue about it. Should`ve kept the gun and just dumped her instead of dumping both :mad:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Stainless Walther TPH 22LR. Traded it on shotgun for my son's Christmas present back in the 90s. I love pocket pistol and this one was quality. Oh well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A 1975 6” Colt New Frontier .22 convertible. Sold it in 1980 for twice what I paid for it to a cattle rancher friend of mine from Ozark, MO when I was going to college. I was desperate for a TC Contender in .44 Mag and .22 with a 2X Leopold EER.
Still have the Contender,,, wish I had that Colt.
Dave

Reactions: jredwar

·
Registered
65 Posts
Colt detective special purchased in 1975. My brother in law talked me into selling it to him and now will not part with it. Also a Chinese Polytec AK traded off when Bill Clinton was in office. Those two bring back bad memories. I think I am gonna outlive my bro-in-law and buy my colt back from his son, least that’s what I tell him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Regrets

I got rid of a 44 Magnum Carbine with a Williams receiver sight built in..got drafted in 1969. Got married just before going to Vietnam and needed the money for our honeymoon. Loved that gun.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Many years ago I had a nickel plated .22 revolver. Don't even remember the make but it would have been great to teach my grandkids to shoot with. Can't justify the cost of a 'plunker' these days.

61 - 80 of 142 Posts