Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May have been done before, but what guns have you regretted selling? "All of them" does not qualify as an answer. I'll start by saying I regretted selling 2 guns:

1. Ruger Super Redhawk (boy that was stupid, they sell for twice what I paid for mine new.) Traded it for a set of used truck tires, a steel crankshaft from a small block Chevy and $250 cash. Wore out the tires, sold the engine I built and spent the cash. Geez I wish I had the revolver back.

2. Chinese SKS. I made a decent profit selling the rifle, but I had a major case over sellers remorse. My dad and I bought a matching pair back in the '80s. We both sold our rifles eventually. Now Dad is gone and so are both rifles.

Well, there's my 2 biggest gun selling regrets. Let's hear some of yours.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i am almost 60. i have sold a lot of guns. i regret selling most all of them. several very nice s&w and ruger revolvers, a skeet grade remington 1100 and two really nice ruger #1as really come to mind. my advice, unless the gun is a lemon don't sell, accumulate more. quality well maintained guns rise in value in the long run.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have sold many guns also. The ones I regret having to sell were my Colt SP-1 AR-15. Singer Sewing Machine 1911, and my two Pythons. If I had the Pythons today I'd still get rid of them but at least I'd make a nice proffet.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Back in 1976 I owned a beautiful 6" S&W Model 19 357 and a friend talked me into selling it. I have regretted it for more than 35 years.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Back in the mid 80's I sold a pair of Winchester 12ga's a 1200 and a 1300. My first 22 single six convertible, a pair of Blackhawk .357's and a 4" GP100 .357. All because I wanted my race car to go faster ..

·
Registered
183 Posts
In 1991 I sold my Win. Model 70 30/06. This money help pay the lawyer to get coustody of my 2 kids. I got the kids. Still miss the gun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just about every gun I've sold I've wound up regretting. Most of all lately was my Ruger P90.. I don't know why really, but I loved that gun... :(

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
So far, none. But I've only sold an extra XDm45 and gave my LC9 to my son. The rest I've managed to keep... so far. ;)

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
A Smith & Wesson pre-27 .357 magnum. That was truly the finest pistol I have ever owned, and I kick myself every day for letting it go.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
My Deerfield carbine and a Remington 600 Mohawk in .308.....i still lay awake at night thinking what was i thinking???.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Greetings,

A couple years back, I sold a Winchester model 94 chambered in 444 Marlin. Also sold a Marlin lever action chambered in 45-70. However, I used the cash to purchase Rugers...

moondog911:cool:

·
Registered
725 Posts
my first rifle-winchester m9422 with glossy stock----I wonder were it is now
2 winchester 94 trails end in 357 with the saddle ring
winchester 94 30-30 that was really accurate. I've owned at least 8, but I had one that was really accurate.

I wish I hadn't torn up a ruger security six.

I like winchesters, but now I can't afford one. I no longer own any, but I do have a couple of marlins that were made before remington took them over.

Sold my Remington wingmaster last christmas when I was hit with all kinds of unexpected expenses...I do plan on replacing it this summer.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Has been done before, these threads resurface from time to time, so good for all the new folk.
Haven't sold any, don't intend to.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
This thread is a reminder why I have not sold a single gun I've bought.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
When my wife decided she didn't want to shoot or carry her Sig P238 I jumped at the first good offer I received to sell it(a neighbor bought it). I liked the gun but not the cost of .380APC ammo so I sold it and that helped finance my GP100. Now I reload and kind of wish I still had it but not more then my love for the GP100.
Sold our .38 LCR and bought a 3" SP101 in .357, no looking back on that one.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Back in the 90s I had a beautiful Legend AK47 (the one with the forged receiver) which I traded in when Connecticut instituted their assault weapons ban. I would have been grandfathered in if I 'registered' it with the state which I felt was a stupid requirement for a rifle I owned for over 6 years. I now live in PA. where I would still be able to own it. I had the whole package...rifle, bayonet, scabbard, three 30rd mags, and sling. Boy, I miss that rifle!

·
Registered
840 Posts
In the mid 1970's I bought a Colt Commander Lightweight .45acp, satin nickle finish , rosewood grips, unfired, in the original box, from my partner for $90. He didn't like carrying cocked and locked and didn't like the thought of having to have both hands free to rack the slide if he needed it in a hurry.
I put about 600 rounds through it and later sold it to another cop for $150 for pretty much the same reasons as my partner sold it to me.
All these years later I am very comfortable with cocked and locked and know it is the best way to carry a 1911. And I sure do wish I still had that pistol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts